Are you creative in developing visual storytelling across multiple platforms, using both photography and videography? Are you passionate about acting as a public ambassador through community outreach and connecting with readers through social media? Do you love collaborating with others to shape storytelling that will generate audience interest? If you answered yes, keep reading…
Wisconsin Media, a member of the USA TODAY NETWORK, is looking for Photographer/Videographer to join our digital first team in Central Wisconsin.
In this role, you will:
- Create quality multimedia storytelling using photography, videography and text that accurately informs, entertains and engages our audience. Uses audience metrics to assist in making coverage decisions. Demonstrates high command of techniques and sophisticated craftsmanship in photo/video storytelling and community engagement. Acts as a community watchdog in this area of expertise.
- Collaborates and connects with the community through visual storytelling and outreach (social media, on camera, forums, community leadership, etc.).
- Works with content strategist and audience analyst to evaluate what's working and what's not, and develops ongoing plans to better satisfy audience needs.
- Works on special projects and performs editing of visuals when needed.
- Promotes personal brand, the brands of colleagues and the institutional brand.
- Provides great customer service, helping readers find answers and solutions.
Here's what you need:
- Degree in Communication, Journalism or equivalent experience and education
- Internship or previous experience in the job duties preferred
- Experience with multimedia storytelling techniques on multiple platforms
- Exceptional core photojournalism skills (reporting, photography and videography)
- Ability to use basic and advanced computer programs, including but not limited to video editing software and Adobe Photoshop
- Deep understanding of and curiosity about competition for our customers' time and money
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Strong industry knowledge
- Organizational skills
- Understanding of social media and how to respond and engage fan base on digital platforms
- Effective communicator; able to get along with diverse personalities
- Able to multi-task and excel under intense deadline pressure in a rapidly changing environment
- Knows how to use time efficiently in a 24-hour news environment
- Works collaboratively within a cross-functional environment
- Must embrace peer-to-peer feedback and training
- Applies innovative, creative thinking to support the company's goals
- Writing, spelling, grammar, AP and local style
- Command of media law and Principles of Ethical Conduct
- Candidates must have a valid driver's license with a good driving record, proof of insurance and their own transportation.
Here's what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision coverage
- Life Insurance
- 401(K) Saving Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Company Holidays
- Paid Time Off to Volunteer in the Community
- Employee Discount Program
Wisconsin Media, member of the USA TODAY NETWORK, is part of the Gannett Co. an international media and marketing solutions company that informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its powerful network of broadcast, digital, mobile and publishing properties. We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a 401(k) plan.
Interested candidates may apply online at http://gannett.com/careers.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & The Muse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Miranda’s main goal is creating unique, practical layouts that perfectly pair graphics and content to appeal to users. She considers readability and presentation of magazines paramount.
Back to top