Fond du Lac, WI, USA • Wisconsin, USA Req #19944
Wednesday, December 1, 2021
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com .
The Fond du Lac Reporter /FondduLacReporter.com, part of the USA TODAY NETWORK-Wisconsin, is looking for a photographer/videographer to join our digital first team. Are you creative in developing visual storytelling across multiple platforms, using both photography and videography? Are you passionate about acting as a public ambassador through community outreach and connecting with readers through social media? Do you love collaborating with others to shape storytelling that will generate audience interest? If you answered yes, keep reading.
- Create quality multimedia storytelling using photography, videography and text that accurately informs, entertains and engages our audience.
- Uses audience metrics to assist in making coverage decisions.
- Demonstrates high command of techniques and sophisticated craftsmanship in photo/video storytelling and community engagement.
- Acts as a community watchdog in this area of expertise.
- Collaborate and connect with the community through visual storytelling and outreach (social media, on camera, forums, community leadership, etc.).
- Work with editors to evaluate what's working and what's not and develop ongoing plans to better satisfy audience needs.
- Work on special projects and perform editing of visuals when needed.
- Promote personal brand, the brands of colleagues and the institutional brand.
- Provide great customer service, helping readers find answers and solutions.
- Bachelor's or master's in communications, journalism or an equivalent combination of education and experience. We will also consider candidates with strong internships.
- Experience with multimedia storytelling techniques on multiple platforms.
- Exceptional core photojournalism skills (reporting, photography and videography).
- Ability to use basic and advanced computer programs, including but not limited to video editing software and Adobe Photoshop.
- Deep understanding of and curiosity about competition for our customers' time and money.
- Self-motivated and self-directed.
- Strong industry knowledge.
- Organizational skills.
- Understanding of social media and how to respond and engage fan base on digital platforms.
- Effective communicator; able to get along with diverse personalities.
- Able to multi-task and excel under intense deadline pressure in a rapidly changing environment.
- Works collaboratively within a cross-functional environment.
- Must embrace peer-to-peer feedback and training.
- Applies innovative, creative thinking to support the company's goals.
- Writing, spelling, grammar, AP style.
- Command of media law and Principles of Ethical Conduct.
- This role requires a valid driver's license, reliable transportation, and the minimum liability insurance required by state law.
- Pre-employment background check and urinalysis drug screen required.
- Your resume - one to two pages.
- A cover letter that outlines how you would approach the job.
- Links to 3-6 online samples of your work. Show us what you've produced or had a hand in that best reflects what you can do in your desired role.
It is important that these items be assembled into a single document and uploaded in PDF format. Completing these steps will ensure that your application receives the highest consideration.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer committed to building and maintaining a diverse workforce. As such, we will consider all qualified applicants for employment and do not discriminate in connection with employment decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee's race, color, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, marital status, personal appearance (including height and weight), sexual orientation, family responsibilities, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy status (including childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), education, genetic characteristics or information, political affiliation, military or veteran status or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state and local laws in the jurisdictions where Gannett employs employees. In addition, Gannett Co., Inc. will provide applicants who require a reasonable accommodation, as a result of an applicant's disability or religion, to complete this employment application and/or any other process in connection with an individuals' application for employment with Gannett Co., Inc. Applicants who require such accommodation should contact Gannett Co., Inc.'s Recruitment Department at Recruit@gannett.com.