Part-Time Sports News Clerk
32 E Broad St, Greenville, SC 29601, USA, Greenville, SC, USA Req #5614
Tuesday, October 23, 2018
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of more than 110 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include USA TODAY NETWORK with the iconic USA TODAY and more than 100 local media brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal and SweetIQ, and U.K. media company Newsquest. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com .
Part-Time Sports News Clerk
The Greenville News/ greenvilleonline.com , part of the USA TODAY NETWORK , is seeking Part-Time Sports News Clerks to join our team. This position serves a crucial role in providing the very best in high school sports coverage for our readers.
The Sports Clerk provides support for the sports department call center on nights and weekends, compiles sports information from the phone, email and web and inputs data into the computer system. The clerk will write, rewrite, assemble and publish box scores, summaries and roundups of sporting events, including high school, college and local pro sports. This person also will deliver content for digital and print platforms while meeting deadlines.
- Compile sports information from the phone, email and web.
- Write, rewrite and assemble content that is accurate, timely and concise, including but not limited to box scores, summaries, roundups, listings and briefs.
- Write digital headlines and web summaries, taking into account SEO and key word elements.
- Meet deadlines.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- High School Diploma/G.E.D.
- An interest and knowledge in sports is a plus.
- Ability to accurately take sports scores over the telephone and enter them into the computer database.
- Must have great attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint are a must.
- Should be able to work in a fast paced, team environment and be able to meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
These positions offer 12-15 hours per week at $8.00 per hour. A typical work shift is 6:30pm to 10:30pm during the football season, 8:00pm to Midnight on Friday and occasionally 7:30pm to 11:30pm on Saturday.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Back to top