Florida, USA • West Palm Beach, FL, USA Req #17292
Friday, October 15, 2021
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com .
Part-Time Sports Copy Editor
(29 hours per week)
Serve as a liaison between sports editor, planners and designers at nights and on weekends for Gannett Florida Sports south region: The Palm Beach Post, Treasure Coast papers, Fort Myers News Press and Naples Daily News. This position is based in West Palm Beach.
- Update sports budget for planners throughout shift.
- Edit and send content to print when the sports editor and/or assistant sports editor are not available.
- Serve as contact for writers and stringers when sports editor and/or assistant sports editor are not available.
- Monitor the Wires for breaking sports news; post online and alert designers if it needs to be in print.
- Proof front pages of sports sections (when available) and special sections.
- Back up sports editors in other parts of the state when needed.
- Help with high school sports coverage on Friday nights.
- Previous editing experience.
- Edit content adhering to Associated Press style, sometimes on deadline.
- Ability to write good headlines and cutlines.
- Solid communication skills.
- General knowledge of sports.