- Gastonia, NC
Gastonia, NC, USA Req #16776
Wednesday, June 30, 2021
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Gannett Publishing Services
This position will pay $20 per hour, $41,600.00 annually to someone with experience in leading a team, possesses managerial skills, and can think outside the box to resolve problems.
We are also offering a sign-on bonus of $2,250.00.
Work as part of a packaging crew during a designated shift to achieve on-time production performance including product quality and accuracy standards and operational safety.
• • Supervise and Coordinate packaging center and/or specific workstation resources.
• • Responsible for verification of preprint insertion schedules and zoning and product staging.
• • Communicate with press, distribution and other departments as needed.
• Provide advanced machine operation including but not limited to inserters, inserter controls (Miracom) joggers, conveyors, grippers, stackers, folders, strappers, bottom wrap machines, loaders, printers, address labelers, adhesive advertising applicators, scales, stitch and trim binding equipment, pallet jacks and fork trucks and other post-press equipment as needed. Assist Packaging Manager with directing activities during production, training inserting and other supervisor/operator employees.
• Provide advanced troubleshooting, maintenance and repairs of all post-press equipment, inserter control setup & operation, equipment rebuilding and replacement (such as hopper replacement), parts inventory control, parts ordering (with Mgmt. approval) and all standard preventive maintenance. Complete packaging reports and web portal data entry as assigned.
• Assist with all equipment repairs, rebuilding & replacement (such as hopper replacement) and all standard preventive maintenance
• Perform general packaging maintenance including equipment blowdown and packaging related materials disposal. Provide back-up for packaging department manager as needed.
Always work in a safe manner and consistently utilize required safety equipment to promote top-of-mind safety awareness:
• • Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
• • Complete required annual OSHA safety training programs: Lockout/Tag-out, Hazardous Communications, Personal Protective Equipment,
• • Hearing Conservation, Blood Borne Pathogens, Forklift.
• • Ensure all machine safety-guards are installed, functioning properly, and in use.
• • Immediately report potential safety hazards, operational concerns and all accidents/injuries and near misses to production mgmt.
• • Provide timely and accurate information to management..
• • Immediately report equipment or product issues to production management.
• • Communicate scheduling needs to supervisors and/or production management.
Education:High school diploma or GED equivalent. Associate business management degree or comparable experience preferred.
Skills & Traits:English language fluency: Speaking, reading & writing
• • Proven leadership skills required.
• • Proven above average verbal & written communication skills.
• • Self-starter
• • Proven excellent time management skills working in a fast-paced deadline driven environment.
• • Mechanical aptitude required.
• PC Skills including Microsoft Office: E-mail, Excel, Word. Packaging Department equipment
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Back to top