- Pueblo, CO
Pueblo, CO, USA Req #15312
Friday, April 16, 2021
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Gannett Publishing Services
The Packaging Coordinator is assigned to perform post press related packaging tasks to support efficient production operations to achieve and maintain on-time production, product quality standards, low waste, and operational safety.
Work as part of a packaging team to coordinate overall post-press operations during a designated shift to achieve and maintain on-time production including product quality, accuracy and delivery standards and positive customer relations.
Packaging Department Tasks
- Check-in, processing and verification of inserts.
- Coordination and verification of product scheduling.
- Communication with advertising department and external customers as required to resolve preprint, zoning and scheduling issues.
- Coordination with production management to ensure proper scheduling, sequencing and reporting.
- Coordination of services for commercial and non-daily products including customer and sales department communication.
- Verification of preprint insertion schedules and zoning; product staging; coordinating packaging center and/or specific workstation resources; communication with press, distribution and other departments as needed.
- Proficient operation of preprint management systems, POET, inserter controls and related reporting.
- Assist with packaging reports, & web portal and POET data entry.
- Understanding of and compliance with pre-print security policies.
- Provide administrative support including correspondence, organizational charts, coordinating schedules, calendars, filing, meeting logistics, special projects and other general administrative duties for the production department.
- Assist with Onboarding and Payroll
- Organizational reports
- Print Orders
- Baseware invoicing
- Prepare and process reports including tracking production data, PPH, Portal
- Assist Packaging Manager with monthly reports, inventory control, and budgeting
- Assist packaging operations when needed
- Always work in a safe manner and consistently utilize required safety equipment to promote top-of-mind safety awareness.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Complete required annual OSHA safety training programs: Lockout/Tag-out, Hazardous Communications, Personal Protective Equipment, Hearing Conservation, Blood Borne Pathogens, Forklift.
- Ensure all machine safety-guards are installed, functioning properly, and in use.
- Immediately report any potential safety hazards, operational concerns and all accidents/injuries and near misses to packaging management and supervisors.
- Provide timely and accurate information to management as required.
- Immediately report preprint, product or equipment issues to supervisors and/or packaging management.
- Communicate scheduling needs to supervisors and/or packaging management.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years previous packaging or similar/related experience.
- English language fluency: Speaking, reading and writing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills working in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Good PC Skills including Microsoft Office: E-mail, Excel and Word.
- Basic understating of computer networking & electronics.
- Ability to learn industry specific software.
Back to top