Outbound Retention Specialist
- Louisville, KY
Louisville, KY, USA Req #16155
Thursday, May 27, 2021
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Outbound Retention Specialist Representative
Gannett's Outbound Call Center is seeking full-time Outbound Retention Specialist representatives to join our team.
Are you looking for a great career opportunity? Then we want YOU !
We are the largest U.S. newspaper publishing company. Our publications include the national newspaper USA Today, as well as awarding winning local newspapers like The Courier Journal, The Detroit Free Press, The Arizona Republic, The Indianapolis Star, The Cincinnati Enquirer just to name a few.
This is a full-time position including a base salary plus commission.
What we offer: As a part of Gannett Co., Inc., we offer a dynamic, community-focused environment where individuals are rewarded for exceptional performance. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including health care, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending account, 401(k), paid time off, and tuition reimbursement.
• To retain, restart and sell home delivery subscriptions via phone targeted scripting, and sales/retention techniques.
• Maintain retention at acceptable levels. Meet established criteria for EZ Pay conversions, in addition to schedule adherence, talk time, after call work, presentation per hour, sales per hour.
• Follow up with current customer accounts for customer service issues delivery verification, to collect payment to follow up on stopped accounts to resell/restart.
• Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers. Be professional, courteous and timely in every interaction, conveying to all external customers our appreciation for their business.
Requirements & Qualifications:
• Pre-employment background screening is required.
• Confident and engaging personality
• Excellent verbal communication
• Ability to display empathy and personalization with each customer interaction
• Ability to multitask - typical tasks involve account research, functions on screen, remaining engaged with customer
• Strong ability to use technology
• Must have excellent attendance, be punctual and have desire to make a positive contribution to the team
• Open to receive and apply feedback
• High School diploma/GED required
• Retention, sales or call center experience preferred but not required.
• Evenings shifts and (some Saturdays may be required)
• Base Pay Plus Commission
• Paid Training
• High Earning Potential
• Work-From- Home Positions Available (after successful completion of training)
• Business Casual Work Environment
About us: "Gannett Co., Inc." (NYSE: GCI) is a next-generation media company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With more than 250 markets internationally, it is known for Pulitzer Prize-winning newsrooms, powerhouse brands such as USA TODAY and specialized media properties. From local to national, we engage the country to tell its stories.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Back to top