Operations Coordinator - Newspaper Delivery
Wilmington, DE, USA Req #6356
Saturday, September 28, 2019
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of more than 110 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include USA TODAY NETWORK with the iconic USA TODAY and more than 100 local media brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, SweetIQ, and United Kingdom media company Newsquest. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Operations Coordinator - Newspaper Delivery
Delaware Online apart of Gannett Publishing Services & USA Today Network
Open Interviews Every Tuesday 10am to 12pm
Address: 950 w Basin Road, New Castle, Delaware 19720
The Operations Coordinator provides general support for the circulation department by handling many of the department's weekend operational needs. This position is responsible for a variety of tasks and responsibilities within home delivery, but tasks may also include single copy and non-daily distribution areas. The Operations Coordinator job duties may entail but are not limited to: preparing paper work, distribution center coverage, distributing daily and non-daily products to independent contractors, clearing outside drop locations and distribution centers, weekly total market coverage product delivery verification, re-delivery to retail sales locations, and assisting in the delivery of nondaily and core products to consumers and retailers. This individual will conduct themselves in accordance with company policies and procedures; ensure quality customer service and professional representation when dealing with customers, retailers or the general public; use sound judgment and discretion at all times.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for distribution and handling of daily and non-daily products to carriers, retailers and consumers. This position may also assist with delivering open routes for home delivery, running shortages, delivering missed newspapers, retailer merchandising checks, etc. as well as disseminating information to circulation management regarding any carrier or product issues for the day.
- On some occasions, utilize computer systems such as Genesys and RouteSmart.
- Keep distribution centers clean and safe, picking up trash and debris in and around the distribution area daily.
- Assist bundle haulers and carriers with questions and problems in the absence of a company manager.
- Assist home delivery staff in all aspects of running the distribution area in a safe and efficient manner.
- Responsible for reporting to management any issues relating to the distribution center and/or daily activities for the distribution center such as, contractor pick up times and product quality issues.
- Conduct weekly Total Market Coverage product verifications by following the established verification process.
- Ensure adherence to all returns reporting and verification guidelines.
- Expected to meet regular attendance goals of the company, relate well with their employees and managers, and perform according to company expectations.
- Maintain a professional, courteous manner when dealing with contractors and customers.
- Performs all other duties and special projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Experience on the job to perform satisfactorily: 3 months
- Good time management skills with the ability to perform assigned tasks efficiently and safely.
- Neat, clean appearance conforming to department policy.
- Has reliable vehicle that may be used to perform duties.
- Ability to read maps, route manifests and conduct route verification of non-daily product delivery.
- Ability to communicate with contractors, co-workers, company staff, retailers, and customers.
- Ability to work weekends and holidays.
- Ability to work and/or drive in all weather environments and conditions.
- Ability to effectively receive and relay information and instructions.
- Ability to repetitively stoop, bend and walk to distribute newspapers. May push and pull carts loaded with newspapers and repetitively lift newspaper bundles weighing between 10-20 pounds.
- Ability to coordinate several tasks simultaneously within a fast paced environment.
- Ability to function with minimum direct supervision.
- Minimum age requirement of 18 years of age and must have a valid driver's license, proof of insurance, a good driving record and must be able to use own vehicle to perform these duties.
Gannett Co., is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Back to top