Fort Myers, FL, USA Req #19107
Monday, October 18, 2021
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Fort Myers, FL
The News-Press in Fort Myers is seeking a circulation department Operation Coordinator, Part-Time 25 to 29 hours a week with evening and weekend shifts. The Operations Coordinator provides general support for the circulation department by handling many of the department's day to day operational needs.
This position is responsible for a variety of tasks and responsibilities within home delivery, single copy and non-daily distribution areas. The Operations Coordinator job duties can entail but are not limited to: preparing paper work, distribution center coverage, distributing daily and non-daily products to
independent contractors, weekly total market coverage product delivery verification, redelivery to retail sales locations, return and rack collections, loading or unloading trucks and assisting in the delivery of non-daily and core products to consumers and retailers. This individual will conduct themselves in accordance with company policies and procedures; ensure quality customer service and professional representation when dealing with customers, retailers or the general public; use sound judgment and discretion at all times. Qualified candidates will be able to work evening and early morning shifts including Friday and Saturday nights.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Responsible for distribution and handling of daily and non-daily products to carriers,
haulers, retailers and consumers. This position may also assist with
delivering down routes for home delivery and single copy, running
shortages, delivering missed newspapers, retailer merchandising checks,
etc. as well as disseminating information to circulation management
regarding any carrier or product issues for the day.
• Unload and load trucks containing various print publications in bundles, carts
• Opening the Distribution Center and preparing the DC for the independent
contractor arrival by printing, preparing and distributing specified
reports and paperwork such as carrier bundle tops, vacation packs, and
• Utilize computer systems such as Genesys and RouteSmart.
• Must be able to maintain accuracy while setting up carts and handing print
products to bundle haulers and carriers (including correct distribution by
zones, accounting for spoils, service copies, and extra copies).
• Keep distribution centers clean and safe, picking up trash and debris in and
around the distribution area daily.
• Assist bundle haulers and carriers with questions and problems in the absence of
a company manager.
• Assist home delivery staff in all aspects of running the distribution area in a safe
and efficient manner.
• Responsible for reporting to management any issues relating to the distribution center
and/or daily activities for the distribution center such as, contractor
pick up times and product quality issues.
• Maintain and restock supplies for contractors' use.
• Responsible for mailing all newspapers daily and/or pickup mail from the post office
• Conduct weekly Total Market Coverage product verifications by following the
established verification process
• Ensure all returns reporting and verification guidelines are met and adhered to.
• Ensure that vending outlets are managed for collection of rack monies as
scheduled, establish and track maintenance for all locations.
• Distribute point of purchase materials including racks cards, stack cards, bundle
hangars, corner cards, or other items as directed.
• Maintains and repairs news racks throughout the designated distribution area.
• Assist with training Product Handlers or Product Coordinators as needed.
• Ensure safe operating of company vehicles. Ensure that the Gannett Safety Module for
trucking is in place and adhered to. Report any issues with company owned
vehicles to supervisor. Re-fuel, check oil, add routine fluids and provide
basic cleanliness to vehicles.
• Expected to meet regular attendance goals of the company, relate well with other
employees and managers, perform according to company expectations.
• Responsible for personal safety and the completion of periodic safety training.
• Maintain a professional, courteous manner when dealing with contractors and
• Performs all other duties and special projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Experience on the job to perform satisfactorily: 3 months
• Good time management skills with the ability to perform assigned tasks
efficiently and safely.
• Neat, clean appearance conforming to department policy.
• Has reliable vehicle that may be used to perform duties.
• Ability to read maps, route manifests and conduct route verification of non-daily
• Ability to communicate with contractors, co-workers, company staff, retailers, and
• Ability to accurately count and use basic math skills.
• Ability to work varied days, hours and shifts from week to week including weekends
and holidays as needed
• Ability to work and/or drive in all-weather environments and conditions.
• Ability to effectively receive and relay information and instructions.
• Ability to repetitively stoop, bend and walk to distribute newspapers. Will push
and pull carts loaded with newspapers and repetitively lift newspaper
bundles weighing between 10-20 pounds.
• Ability to establish standards and maintain collection schedule accurately within
• Ability to coordinate several tasks simultaneously within a fast-paced
• Ability to function with minimum direct supervision.
• Minimum age requirement of 18 years of age and must have a valid driver's license,
proof of insurance, a good driving record and must be able to use own
vehicle to perform these duties.
• Ability to work evening and early morning shifts including Friday and Saturday
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Fort Myers, FL, USA Req #19107