Phoenix, AZ, USA • Tolleson, AZ, USA Req #19128
Wednesday, October 27, 2021
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com .
Phoenix Tolleson, AZ
$15.75 per hour
Gannett Co., Inc. is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of more than 110 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include USA TODAY NETWORK with the iconic USA TODAY and more than 100 local media brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal and SweetIQ, and U.K. media company Newsquest. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Gannet Publishing Services in Tolleson, AZ is seeking an Operation Coordinator, Part-Time 25-29 hours a week with evening and weekend shifts. The Operations Coordinator provides general support for the circulation department by handling many of the department's day to day operational needs. This position is responsible for a variety of tasks and responsibilities within home delivery, single copy and non-daily distribution areas. The Operations Coordinator job duties can entail but are not limited to: preparing paper work, distribution center coverage, distributing daily and non-daily products to independent contractors, weekly total market coverage product delivery verification, redelivery to retail sales locations, return and rack collections, loading or unloading trucks and assisting in the delivery of non-daily and core products to consumers and retailers. This individual will conduct themselves in accordance with company policies and procedures; ensure quality customer service and professional representation when dealing with customers, retailers or the general public; use sound judgment and discretion at all times. Qualified candidates will be able to work evening and early morning shifts including Friday and Saturday nights.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for distribution and handling of daily and non-daily products to carriers, haulers, retailers and consumers. This position may also assist with delivering down routes for home delivery and single copy, running shortages, delivering missed newspapers, retailer merchandising checks, etc. as well as disseminating information to circulation management regarding any carrier or product issues for the day.
- Unload and load trucks containing various print publications in bundles, carts and pallets.
- Opening the Distribution Center and preparing the DC for the independent contractor arrival by printing, preparing and distributing specified reports and paperwork such as carrier bundle tops, vacation packs, and carrier supplies.
- Utilize computer systems such as Genesys and RouteSmart.
- Must be able to maintain accuracy while setting up carts and handing print products to bundle haulers and carriers (including correct distribution by zones, accounting for spoils, service copies, and extra copies).
- Keep distribution centers clean and safe, picking up trash and debris in and around the distribution area daily.
- Assist bundle haulers and carriers with questions and problems in the absence of a company manager.
- Assist home delivery staff in all aspects of running the distribution area in a safe and efficient manner.
- Responsible for reporting to management any issues relating to the distribution center and/or daily activities for the distribution center such as, contractor pick up times and product quality issues.
- Maintain and restock supplies for contractors' use.
- Responsible for mailing all newspapers daily and/or pickup mail from the post office daily.
- Conduct weekly Total Market Coverage product verifications by following the established verification process
- Ensure all returns reporting and verification guidelines are met and adhered to.
- Ensure that vending outlets are managed for collection of rack monies as scheduled, establish and track maintenance for all locations.
- Distribute point of purchase materials including racks cards, stack cards, bundle hangars, corner cards, or other items as directed.
- Maintains and repairs news racks throughout the designated distribution area.
- Assist with training Product Handlers or Product Coordinators as needed.
- Ensure safe operating of company vehicles. Ensure that the Gannett Safety Module for trucking is in place and adhered to. Report any issues with company owned vehicles to supervisor. Re-fuel, check oil, add routine fluids and provide basic cleanliness to vehicles.
- Expected to meet regular attendance goals of the company, relate well with other employees and managers, perform according to company expectations.
- Responsible for personal safety and the completion of periodic safety training.
- Maintain a professional, courteous manner when dealing with contractors and customers.
- Performs all other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Experience on the job to perform satisfactorily: 3 months (Preferred but not required)
- Good time management skills with the ability to perform assigned tasks efficiently and safely.
- Neat, clean appearance conforming to department policy.
- Has reliable vehicle that may be used to perform duties.
- Ability to read maps, route manifests and conduct route verification of non-daily product delivery.
- Ability to communicate with contractors, co-workers, company staff, retailers, and customers.
- Ability to accurately count and use basic math skills.
- Ability to work varied days, hours and shifts from week to week including weekends and holidays as needed.
- Ability to work and/or drive in all weather environments and conditions.
- Ability to effectively receive and relay information and instructions.
- Ability to repetitively stoop, bend and walk to distribute newspapers. Will push and pull carts loaded with newspapers and repetitively lift newspaper bundles weighing between 10-20 pounds.
- Ability to establish standards and maintain collection schedule accurately within time deadlines.
- Ability to coordinate several tasks simultaneously within a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to function with minimum direct supervision.
- Minimum age requirement of 18 years of age and must have a valid driver's license, proof of insurance, a good driving record and must be able to use own vehicle to perform these duties.
- Ability to work evening and early morning shifts including Friday and Saturday nights.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer committed to building and maintaining a diverse workforce. As such, we will consider all qualified applicants for employment and do not discriminate in connection with employment decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee's race, color, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, marital status, personal appearance (including height and weight), sexual orientation, family responsibilities, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy status (including childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), education, genetic characteristics or information, political affiliation, military or veteran status or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state and local laws in the jurisdictions where Gannett employs employees. In addition, Gannett Co., Inc. will provide applicants who require a reasonable accommodation, as a result of an applicant's disability or religion, to complete this employment application and/or any other process in connection with an individuals' application for employment with Gannett Co., Inc. Applicants who require such accommodation should contact Gannett Co., Inc.'s Recruitment Department at Recruit@gannett.com.