El Paso, TX, USA Req #18588
Monday, September 20, 2021
Operations Coordinator Part-Time
The El Paso Times
El Paso, Texas
Gannett Publishing Services, located at El Paso, Texas, is recruiting for a part-time, Operations Coordinator for our Newspaper Distribution Centers working up to 29 hours per week. This individual provides general support for a Distribution center performing a variety of tasks and responsibilities within home delivery including delivery of newspapers.
- Position requires flexibility to work varied days and hours including weekends and holidays as needed.
- Distribution and handling of daily and non-daily products to carriers, haulers, retailers and consumers.
- Unload and load trucks containing various print publications
- Open the Distribution Center and prepare for the independent contractor arrival by printing, preparing and distributing specified reports and paperwork.
- Utilize industry specific software to handle required reporting for center.
- General housekeeping of distribution center
- Complete required documentation and reports for center as needed.
- Assist with delivering newspapers
- Respond to and resolve subscriber service issues
- Maintain and repair news racks throughout the designated distribution area
- Assist with training Product Handlers or Product Coordinators as needed.
- Valid driver's license, satisfactory motor vehicle record, dependable automobile, and liability insurance required
- Strong organizational and communication skills required for a fast-paced environment. Good computer skills including Microsoft office
- Good time management skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to push and pull carts loaded with newspapers weighing up to 500 pounds with assistance and repetitively lift newspaper bundles weighing up to 25 pounds.
GED/High School Diploma
Previous newspaper or distribution/warehouse experience preferred.