Online - Digital Producer I
Nashville, TN, USA Req #6185
Monday, December 17, 2018
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of more than 110 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include USA TODAY NETWORK with the iconic USA TODAY and more than 100 local media brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal and SweetIQ, and U.K. media company Newsquest. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com .
Digital Optimization Team - Producer I
The USA TODAY NETWORK is seeking a digital producer to work in Nashville. The Producer provides editing, packaging and presentation across all platforms. Manages the on-time and accurate delivery of top quality content - with an emphasis on video, social and search engine optimization. Works with digital team leadership, editors, reporters and visual journalists to best display content on all platforms, using news judgment and creativity. Collaborates to maximize social media presence. The successful candidate will be team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment. This role may include early morning, night and/or weekend work.
Typical Job Duties
- Manage home pages to engage a loyal audience.
- Sends breaking news alerts and adds video, SEO meta-data, hyperlinks, images and additional digital content. Writes effective digital headlines and summaries that help attract audiences. Writes engaging social posts that attract audiences and encourage readers to interact with social content.
- Interacts with newsrooms across the USA TODAY Network to help our best journalism reach the best audience.
- Optimizes, aggregates and packages assets for digital publication.
- Provides packaging and presentation across all platforms, including mobile and other social platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Reddit.
- Edits sensitive content for publication-readiness, including clarity, fairness, legality, spelling, grammar, punctuation and style. Uses metrics to monitor real-time data, determine traffic patterns and make changes tied to the data. Familiarity with Chartbeat and Adobe analytics products a plus.
- Manages workflow to meet deadlines.
- Provides great customer service, working collaboratively to find solutions.
- Stays calm during breaking news situations.
- The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's in Communications, Journalism or equivalent in experience and education.Previous experience in a newsroom is preferred.
- Strong news judgment
- Knowledge of AP style
- SEO knowledge
- Writing and headline-writing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience editing and producing social videos is highly desired.
If you're looking for a great job in a vibrant place to live, the Nashville area is your destination. From nightlife and culture to parks and universities, Nashville's quality of life and creative vibe is unmatched. Our mild temperatures, Southern hospitality, abundant outdoor recreation and cosmopolitan downtown scene makes it easy to tap into things to do in our city and region.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Steven D.Account Executive
Steven serves as a point person of contact with businesses in local markets. He works with partner organizations to determine how USA TODAY can help them be successful.
Back to top