Milwaukee, WI, USA • Virtual Req #20372
Monday, January 3, 2022
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com .
LOCALiQ is the marketing solution from the USA TODAY NETWORK providing businesses the smarter way to reach local customers. As local marketing becomes more complex, LOCALiQ empowers local businesses with unique insights from 125 million consumers in our network of sites, apps and experiences and learnings from millions of local leads delivered each year. We couple that with end to end service from our experts using local marketing best practices proven across the country. LOCALiQ simplifies local marketing and provides our clients the confidence of growing.
Our core values: Community, Progress through Passion, Action with Purpose and Belief in People. If you share these values, come join our family!
The Obituary Advisor role requires a highly personable, motivated individual with the
ability to guide callers in the placement of obituary notices in our print and
online products. Must be able to work in a multi-deadline environment; learn
and apply new accurate techniques and quickly in order to fulfill timelines.
We are dedicated to helping our clients grow based on their unique needs. When they
win, we win!
As a Marketing Solutions, Obituary Advisor, you will:
- Entry of ads into the Wave2 program
- Administrative duties to include answering phones and emails
- Be able to react to change productively and handle
other essential tasks as needed
- Ad placement for both print and digital
- Communicating with team members plus internal and external customers
- Additional administrative duties as needed
- Review and respond to multiple email boxes
- We are seeking a self-starter, who is able to multi-task, take initiative and prioritize. If you have a desire to learn and understand both the print and online advertising industry this is a great
way to start a career with an industry leader.
- Attention to detail skills including excellent spelling and grammar in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to handle confidential information according to our guidelines
- Must be able to type at least 40-45 wpm for data entry
- Proficient in MS office software a plus
- Great communication skills written and verbal with a keen sense of efficient telephone etiquette
- Strong work ethic and a desire to excel
- 1 year of experience preferred
We offer an energized, passionate team within a fun & flexible workplace. This is an opportunity to work alongside digital leaders and visionaries.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer committed to building and maintaining a diverse workforce. As such, we will consider all qualified applicants for employment and do not discriminate in connection with employment decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee's race, color, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, marital status, personal appearance (including height and weight), sexual orientation, family responsibilities, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy status (including childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), education, genetic characteristics or information, political affiliation, military or veteran status or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state and local laws in the jurisdictions where Gannett employs employees. In addition, Gannett Co., Inc. will provide applicants who require a reasonable accommodation, as a result of an applicant's disability or religion, to complete this employment application and/or any other process in connection with an individuals' application for employment with Gannett Co., Inc. Applicants who require such accommodation should contact Gannett Co., Inc.'s Recruitment Department at Recruit@gannett.com.