NOW Team Reporter
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of more than 110 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include USA TODAY NETWORK with the iconic USA TODAY and more than 100 local media brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal and SweetIQ, and U.K. media company Newsquest. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com .
NOW Team Reporter
USA TODAY is looking for nimble, competitive reporters who are interested in joining our expanding Now Team operations in News, Life, Politics, Money, Opinion and Sports. Now teams will be responsible for reporting urgent news, quickly identifying trending content and working across times zones in our national network.
NOW reporter duties:
• Write and post breaking or in-the-moment news in your topic area.
• Work with a team to rewrite multiple feeds/sources (network and other) to create USA TODAY-specific content in the moment, tailored to our target audiences.
• Work collaboratively with a cross team of network editors/reporters who cover the same topic area. Post and optimize your own content, paying special attention to headlines, SEO and fields visible to social audience.
• Spot and write high-interest items ahead of the competition and should be advanced in using Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram and other social media channels to discover, source and distribute coverage.
• The ideal candidate should also have experience with news teams operating on a 24-7 cycle and be comfortable in an environment that uses data to inform editorial judgment. Different schedules available, morning, nights, weekends. Positions available in both McLean, VA, Phoenix, AZ, and Los Angeles.
• Uphold the highest standards of journalistic integrity and credibility.
• Advocate for and execute innovative approaches.
• Grow audience and engagement via targeted content.
• Communicate with USA TODAY editors, the USA TODAY news hub and other Network properties.
• Have expertise audience engagement tools and data. Partner on/execute social strategy and plans.
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or any other subject in a liberal arts field from an accredited institution
• 5+ years of experience as a digital journalist
• Experience in topic area preferred Excel in a fast-paced news environment
• Experience with multi-platform content delivery
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Steven serves as a point person of contact with businesses in local markets. He works with partner organizations to determine how USA TODAY can help them be successful.
Back to top