Non Daily News - Designer I
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of more than 110 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include USA TODAY NETWORK with the iconic USA TODAY and more than 100 local media brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal and SweetIQ, and U.K. media company Newsquest. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com .
Responsible for strategic concept development and execution for all in-house products - print and digital. This role will work primarily with print publications as we transition some of our products to the digital environment. The designer is expected to provide a unique ability to bring creative projects to life from start to finish; work on products of diverse scope and interest; and effectively collaborate with the editorial team on all products.
This position reports to the Creative Director.
TYPICAL JOB DUTIES:
- Collaboration with editors to conceptualize content for custom magazines and various digital products.
- Design print magazine, tabloid and broadsheet page formats.
- Applies journalistic judgment in selecting design methods and techniques.
- Offer creative, compelling solutions to enhance storytelling.
- Excellent communication skills - visual and written, as well as verbal.
- Ability to be a team player and help source photos when required.
- Working knowledge of Abode Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign) and proficient in Mac OS platforms.
- Print production work (i.e. file preparation, file organization and archiving)
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Continuously learning and advancing skill sets.
- Keeps up with new applications and how they may impact our products.
- Deep understanding of and curiosity about competition for our clients' time and money.
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills.
- Self-motivated and self-directed.
- Magazine industry knowledge.
- Effective communicator; able to get along with diverse personalities.
- Able to multi-task and excel under intense deadline pressure in a rapidly changing environment.
- Works collaboratively within a cross-functional environment.
- Must embrace peer-to-peer training, as both a teacher and student.
- Applies innovative, creative thinking to support the company's goals.
- Writing, spelling, grammar, AP and local style knowledge.
- Understanding of media law and Principles of Ethical Conduct.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Back to top