NOC Tier II Analyst
The Network Operations Center is responsible for 24x7x365 monitoring, troubleshooting, maintenance, and escalation for Gannett owned data centers, public clouds, and 3rd party hosted applications. This is an excellent position for those who have a passion for technology and want to learn new things. Team members monitor and maintain numerous complex multi-tiered environments that deliver content to desktop, mobile, and tablet platforms. Each day presents new challenges as you learn new technologies, perform routine tasks, and troubleshoot issues.
- Maintenance and monitoring for applications and services hosted in the cloud or Gannett owned data centers.
- Evaluate, prioritize, and address events that are detected by monitoring systems
- Maintain, validate, and update monitoring
- Escalate issues and communicate details succinctly
- Interact with subject matter experts and application teams within Gannett to ensure issue resolution
Technologies, Disciplines and Systems:
- Platforms: Linux, Windows, VMWare, KVM, and Hyper-V
- Deployment Tools: SCOM, Chef, Scalr, and OpenStack
- Applications: Apache, Tomcat, IIS, WordPress, and Internal Applications
- Databases: MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, and Couchbase
- Caching: Akamai, Varnish, Memcached, Squid
- Monitoring: New Relic, VictorOps, Pingdom, Splunk, Application Performance Monitoring, and SNMP Trap
- Bachelor's Degree
- Two year of help desk or technical support experience
- Three years UNIX or Windows Server administration experience
- Aptitude to learn fast, retain and apply knowledge in a complex fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Miranda’s main goal is creating unique, practical layouts that perfectly pair graphics and content to appeal to users. She considers readability and presentation of magazines paramount.
Back to top