Newsprint Operator/Clamp Truck Operator - Full-Time
Newsprint Operator and Clamp truck Operator, Full time
Michigan.com, including the Detroit Free Press and The Detroit News, part of the USA Today Network, is seeking a dedicated individual to work in our newsprint department at our Sterling Heights Operational facility. Shifts currently are 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM along with night shifts that run 6:00 PM to 2:00 AM. We are a 7 day a week operation that includes Holiday operations.
The successful candidate will have the ability to work any scheduled shift and work safely in our fast paced facility. Competent HI LO operation is required. To be selected one must be responsible and able to follow direction while performing varied tasks within a normal work day.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Scan roll data into the RHS system and correctly prep rolls for induction into the system
- Handling of waste paper and wrappers from prep area
- Processing production waste; cores or paper generated in pressroom
- Ability to drive Hi Lo and other equipment used in the Newsprint department
- Work as part of the ground crew during rail car switches
- Unload railcars and over the road trailers in a timely manner
- Use proper storage techniques to minimize inventory damage
- Computer to plate operations which include machine maintenance and inventory management
- High School Diploma or GED certification
- Technical Certificate as asset
- Prior manufacturing experience is a plus
- Proficient hi lo driving experience
- Ability to work all shifts and Holidays
- Lift 50 pounds while working on your feet in most cases for the length of a shift
- Dependable, excellent attendance record
Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening. Union work environment.
About USA TODAY NETWORK:
The USA TODAY NETWORK is the largest local to national media network in the country. Powered by integrated and award-winning news organizations with deep roots in 92 local communities, plus USA TODAY, the multiplatform news network informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its diverse portfolio of digital, mobile, and publishing products. To connect with us, visit http://www.gannett.com/
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, disability education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Miranda’s main goal is creating unique, practical layouts that perfectly pair graphics and content to appeal to users. She considers readability and presentation of magazines paramount.
Back to top