News - Video Producer III
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of more than 110 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include USA TODAY NETWORK with the iconic USA TODAY and more than 100 local media brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal and SweetIQ, and U.K. media company Newsquest. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com .
Producer / Shooter - Video Franchises and Special Projects
The USA TODAY NETWORK seeks a Producer / Shooter to join its expanding Franchises and Special Projects team. The team is responsible for creating brand-defining, video-driven series and special projects for an array of audiences and platforms. The position is based at our Washington, DC area headquarters or our New York City studio.
The Producer / Shooter will be responsible for pitching, developing, and producing, shooting and editing video franchises and features. Demonstrated experience and talent shooting premium digital video is essential.
The ideal candidate is a creative, passionate storyteller with a sharp attention to detail, experience with a wide range of news, information, and lifestyle content, and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. The Producer / Shooter is digitally savvy and is comfortable crafting stories ranging from sponsored editorial features to socially-fueled segments and everything in between. He/she will be a key participant in content development, including storyboarding and piloting.
The Producer / Shooter will be a hands-on leader and excellent communicator, with the ability to interface with editors, producers, journalists, product teams and members of the sales team.
- Develop, pitch, and produce video franchises and features for a variety of digital platforms.
- Shoot high-end video using digital cinema, DSLR, and broadcast field production cameras in both studio and field environments.
- Manage publishing process and optimize content promotion for multiple platforms.
- Regularly assess video performance using Omniture and other analytics tools, using data to make informed decisions to about format, approach and promotion of content.
- Identify and produce packages of video content to support NETWORK objectives as needed, including breaking news and special coverage.
- At least 5 years of professional experience, including producing experience and digital content experience.
- Experience at a production company, studio or agency is desired.
- Expert knowledge of DSLR, Digital Cinema, and Professional Camcorder cameras
- In-depth field production knowledge including lighting techniques, shot composition and execution, etc.
- Demonstrated creativity for unique series-driven approaches to a variety of topics, platforms and audiences.
- Strong editorial decision-making skills.
- Online writing and producing skills.
- Advanced proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere, After Effects, and Photoshop)
- Understanding of Web technology, CMS systems, digital video, digital audio, non-linear editing systems, streaming, and Web analytics.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Back to top