News - Reporter I
Reporter - News
Go all in on digital storytelling as the next member of The Post-Crescent (Appleton, WI) news team. We're recruiting to fill a position as a reporter primarily covering education but with duties that also include general assignment reporting, all in a digital media environment. The Post-Crescent is part of the USA TODAY NETWORK-Wisconsin, a network of 10 newsrooms collaborating with colleagues in Milwaukee to form Wisconsin's No. 1 news organization.
- You must be a newshound, writer and videographer.
- You must understand story in the classic sense, as plot, character development, conflict and resolution.
- You must tell every story in multiple dimensions, from words to video.
- You must understand that creating narrative and multimedia content is only half the job, and that the other half is being entrepreneurial in assertively putting your content in front of consumers via social channels.
- You must have experience in social media and have a strong social voice. You must permit consumer feedback, including metrics, to guide decisions.
- You must be flexible.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & The Muse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Project Manager, People Division
Jade helps streamline operations while keeping tabs on company culture. Her role goes beyond transactional tasks and includes social engagement and Human Resources communication.
Back to top