News - Reporter I
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of more than 110 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include USA TODAY NETWORK with the iconic USA TODAY and more than 100 local media brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal and SweetIQ, and U.K. media company Newsquest. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com .
The Livingston Daily is seeking an enterprising reporter to cover a broad array of issues, including courts and breaking news. This reporter must be curious and motivated, with a proven ability to report compelling stories that resonate with readers. The successful candidate will be comfortable providing context to breaking news or diving deep for revelatory bigger-picture stories. She or he should be adept using digital reporting tools, knowledgeable about accessing public records and able to analyze data to strengthen reporting. Video skills are a must. The Livingston Daily is part of the USA TODAY NETWORK, and our stories regularly appear in Gannett's four other daily newspapers in Michigan.
Here's what you need:
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or equivalent
• At least one year of daily journalism experience is preferred.
• Ability to write clear, compelling stories that engage our audience..
• Understanding of social media and how to engage audience on digital platforms.
• Ability to multitask and excel under deadline pressure, using time efficiently in a 24-hour newsroom.
• Skill at collaborating in a cross-functional environment and adapting in a rapidly changing industry.
• Ability to work well with people and build relationships in the community.
*This job includes some evening and weekend work.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Steven serves as a point person of contact with businesses in local markets. He works with partner organizations to determine how USA TODAY can help them be successful.
Back to top