News - Producer
York Daily Record
We are seeking a multiplatform producer with a sports and video focus for the York Daily Record's/Pa. Group's breaking news desk. This producer will play a key role in the production, packaging and promotion of all types of content across all platforms. As a sports producer, you will pay special attention to sports coverage online and in print and the coordination of coverage under the GameTimePA brand from four newsrooms. You will be a digital-first (and mobile-first) thinker who knows how to craft great headlines for any platform, create social posts that resonate with readers, enhance the look and feel of online content, and assist with creating stories, galleries and video. You keep your finger on the pulse of what's happening right now – and what our audience is consuming right now. At times, you will juggle multiple websites and social media sites across a five-county footprint, or deploy reporters and photographers to cover news.
- Works with sports journalists and the digital planning editor to ensure a robust sports presence online and on social media channels, and reinforces digital best practices on sports content.
- Assists in creation and editing of sports stories, video and galleries for four newsrooms. Undertakes original reporting and writing of stories.
- Creates, edits and produces original video and video created by other staff members. Writes irresistible video headlines and helps market video content to viewers.
- Ensures best practices are followed in video programming on our websites and social media platforms, especially in the evenings. Brainstorms new strategies and video ideas.
- Covers the breaking news "hot seat," reacting when news breaks and updating the public.
- Edits stories, improves headlines, adds links and multimedia to content, manages the look of websites and manages social media accounts.
- Makes coverage decisions and deploys staff to cover news as appropriate.
- Works with all staff from four newsrooms in the posting and promotion of content.
- Crafts engaging social posts on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other platforms that resonate with our audience and drive engagement and readership.
- Uses metrics through services such as Omniture, Chartbeat, CrowdTangle and Facebook Insights to understand the audience and help drive decision-making.
- Is a problem-solver who can think critically and confidently make decisions on his or her own.
- Stays up to date on best practices and employs them across all platforms.
- Is willing to experiment with different ideas and quickly change course based on new thinking.
- Helps coordinate and execute plans for print platforms.
This position requires night and weekend work. To apply, contact Matt Eyer, consumer experience director, at [email protected]
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & The Muse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Project Manager, People Division
Jade helps streamline operations while keeping tabs on company culture. Her role goes beyond transactional tasks and includes social engagement and Human Resources communication.
Back to top