News - Photographer/Videographer
- Port St. Lucie, FL
Port St. Lucie, FL, USA; Stuart, FL, USA Req #8696
Tuesday, September 24, 2019
Visuals Multimedia Journalist
TCPalm and Treasure Coast Newspapers, part of the USA TODAY NETWORK, seeksa multimedia journalist specializing in visuals to be responsible for covering stories as they happen in and around our community, and beyond. We are a digital-first organization that puts an important emphasis on posting online first. This journalist must have with a talent and passion for digital storytelling that leads to increased digital subscriptions and digital audience growth. Strengths for this position include an ability to make strong connections in the community, interact with readers by increasing engagement on social media, a passion for letting people know what's going on in and around our community and country. Multimedia journalists specializing in visuals should be adept at telling all types of stories with appropriate documentary visuals (and occasional portraits) from breaking news to sports to features, all with the same passion and attention. Multimedia journalists are expected to be capable of writing as circumstances dictate. The right candidate should have a great understanding of all platforms of story-telling that we use daily: Web, tablet, mobile, and print, with a look towards the future and new ways of presenting visual stories to help increase engagement across all platforms.
- Shoot and edit short videos, shoot still photographs, create photo galleries, write captions and occasional short stories as assigned by their supervising editor
- Social media knowledge is key, knowing how/when to use it to promote/tell stories visually
- Must be proficient in visual software including Premiere Pro, Photoshop and Photo Mechanic
- Should be able to tell stories with visuals as well as words when needed, with basic reporting skills a necessity
- Ability to travel on short notice to cover breaking news for the Gannett/USA Today Network and its Florida network
- Applicants with FAA Part 107 drone license a plus
- Must be willing to work weekends, this may include evening shifts and will include some holidays
- Visual specialists will routinely lift, carry and work with a laptop, video and still equipment weighing up to 50 pounds
- Able to withstand long periods of time in inclement weather
- Have reliable transportation
- Works with other Gannett/USA Today properties and employees with similar jobs and responsibilities to share content/ideas/work flow and best practices
- Requires a BS/BA in journalism or equivalent experience
When applying, please include a single document with as much of the following as possible: a brief cover letter explaining your interest and fit for the position, your updated resume, and portfolio/clips/links to a few samples of your work.
It's important that these items be assembled into a single document (preferably in PDF format). The application will only allow one document upload. Completing these steps will ensure that you receive the highest consideration.
We offer a competitive base salary and career growth opportunities. We also offer you a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, Paid Time Off, Company Paid Holidays, employee discount programs and domestic partner benefits. Our 401(k) is top-notch and the contributions you make up to the first 5% are eligible for a 100% company match.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Back to top