News Digital Producer II
- Phoenix, AZ
Phoenix, AZ, USA Req #9682
Wednesday, November 13, 2019
The Gannett Digital Team looking for a digital producer to join a team that works on sites that are part of the USA TODAY NETWORK. The producer would create, edit and optimize content for the sites, as well as manage native and social platforms.
A successful candidate must demonstrate strong news judgment and should have prior digital news or story packaging experience. They will specialize in finding a wide audience for the NETWORK'S stories, photos, videos, graphics and other content.
The ideal candidate will be a strong collaborator, who can work closely with reporters, content coaches and newsroom leadership. Candidates should demonstrate a strong understanding of audience metrics, SEO and social optimization with the goal of growing audience.
This role may include early morning, night and/or weekend work.
Typical Job Duties
- Manage home pages to engage a loyal audience.
- Sends breaking news alerts and adds video, SEO meta-data, hyperlinks, images and additional digital content. Writes effective digital headlines and summaries that help attract audiences. Writes engaging social posts that attract audiences and encourage readers to interact with social content.
- Interacts with newsrooms across the USA TODAY Network to help our best journalism reach the best audience.
- Optimizes, aggregates and packages assets for digital publication.
- Provides packaging and presentation across all platforms, including mobile and other social platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Reddit.
- Edits sensitive content for publication-readiness, including clarity, fairness, legality, spelling, grammar, punctuation and style. Uses metrics to monitor real-time data, determine traffic patterns and make changes tied to the data. Familiarity with Chartbeat and Adobe analytics products a plus.
- Manages workflow to meet deadlines.
- Provides great customer service, working collaboratively to find solutions.
- Stays calm during breaking news situations.
- Champions an area of specialty to grow audience through one (or several) of the following: search engine optimization, social media, subscription, trending and breaking news and/or video.
- The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's in Communications, Journalism or equivalent in experience and education.
- 2-3 years experience working for a daily news organization
- Previous experience working on social media, video editing and/or search engine optimization in a competitive news environment.
- Knowledge of AP style
- Excellent news judgment
- Top-notch writing and headline-writing skills
- Excellent communication skills
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Back to top