News Clerk - Sports
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of more than 110 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include USA TODAY NETWORK with the iconic USA TODAY and more than 100 local media brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal and SweetIQ, and U.K. media company Newsquest. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com .
The News-Leader is looking for a part-time sports clerk.
- Write roundups on games involving metro teams that weren't covered.
- Work closely with reporters on game night; assist as needed.
- Assist producers as needed.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends.
- Knowledge of basic journalism skills and AP style are preferred.
- Excellent grammar, spelling and typing skills.
- Basic knowledge of computers and various programs.
- Must be able to multi-task, juggling many different projects in the fast-paced sports department.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Steven serves as a point person of contact with businesses in local markets. He works with partner organizations to determine how USA TODAY can help them be successful.
Back to top