The Pacific Daily News, part of the USA TODAY NETWORK and the premier media and media solutions company on Guam, is seeking a News Assistant to provide clerical support to the newsroom, including but not limited to: entering news items into computer using required software; following all quality standards of style, grammar, spelling, content and length for all copy assigned for typing and formatting; archiving news stories; maintaining the newsroom library; and verifying reader submissions. This is a part-time position that will be assigned to work 29 hours a week.
What You Need:
- Associate degree or equivalent experience
- Above average verbal and written communication skills.
- Above average time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent grammar, punctuation and proofreading abilities required.
- Able to work flexible hours.
- Proven ability to multi-task in a deadline driven and a rapidly changing environment preferred.
- Proficient in operation of Mac and its design programs along with keyboard typing skills.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & The Muse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Miranda’s main goal is creating unique, practical layouts that perfectly pair graphics and content to appeal to users. She considers readability and presentation of magazines paramount.
Back to top