Virtual Req #20030
Tuesday, December 21, 2021
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com .
National Account Manager
POSITION PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES:
Gannett is looking for a highly motivated Account Manager to join our fast-growing company and bring a positive attitude and a curiosity to learn as part of our Account Management team. The Account Manager is primarily focused on the digital business of the National Sales team, in growing revenue with existing customers, as well as successful onboarding and development of new customers. Responsibilities will include: developing media strategy, launch prep and execution, reporting/analytics and driving revenue.
Candidates for this position are expected to excel in relationship building, have strong project management skills, a meticulous attention to detail, strong time management skills, analytical skills, and the ability to thrive in a fast moving and challenging environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Partner with Sales on incoming RFPs and upfront digital proposals, to ensure we are meeting client objectives - collaborating with various cross-company teams to develop best advertising solutions as needed
- Successfully manage and support your account base and new business as the day to day contact for your digital accounts
- Provide high level of customer service to clients with effective communication, timely responses to requests and proactive resolution of potential issues
- Develop and revise media plans with existing accounts by analyzing historical data on customer spending, as well as considerations of client objectives, timing, product offerings, product performance and inventory availability
- Independently manage all post-sale online advertising activity to ensure customer satisfaction is achieved and to prevent under-delivery - this includes booking, trafficking, delivery reporting, optimizations and assistance in resolution of billing discrepancies
- Project management of internal creative builds and sponsorship/custom programs - working as a liaison between client/creative agency and internal teams towards successful execution
- Ensure effective communication with sales teams to understand and anticipate customer needs, and ensure that advertising solutions meet those needs while setting internal and external expectations
- Support programmatic sales team and serve as a resource for the National Sales and Account Management team, as it relates to our programmatic business and initiatives
- Participate in project work as directed by supervisor
In partnership with Senior Account Managers, continue growth in the following areas:
- USAT's value proposition and our digital products and processes
- Setting up complex programs for success
- Analyzing data/metrics
- Developing comprehensive Wrap Reports
- Post Mortem goals
- Upselling and driving incremental revenue
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Experience in Excel with strong analytical skills: must have a demonstrated track record of excellence in analytics, either via past work experience and / or successful completion of analytic coursework
- Strong leadership, presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Organizational skills with a focus on quality assurance and process improvement
- A team player, willing and able to collaborate with a diverse and dynamic team
- Ability to work under pressure, organize and prioritize responsibilities and client requests
- Professional maturity, integrity, discipline and a positive attitude
- Demonstrated ability to think outside the box and take initiative to solve problems as they arise
- Extensive working experience with online media sales and responding to RFPs in collaboration with others
- Experience working with research, sales and operations to execute solutions
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, high-pressured, dynamic environment, with tight deadlines
- Programmatic: familiarity and experience working in DV360, AdX, Rubicon, Pubmatic, etc; troubleshooting and management of deal health, etc.
- College education
- 2-3 years working experience in digital media advertising
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer committed to building and maintaining a diverse workforce. As such, we will consider all qualified applicants for employment and do not discriminate in connection with employment decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee's race, color, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, marital status, personal appearance (including height and weight), sexual orientation, family responsibilities, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy status (including childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), education, genetic characteristics or information, political affiliation, military or veteran status or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state and local laws in the jurisdictions where Gannett employs employees. In addition, Gannett Co., Inc. will provide applicants who require a reasonable accommodation, as a result of an applicant's disability or religion, to complete this employment application and/or any other process in connection with an individuals' application for employment with Gannett Co., Inc. Applicants who require such accommodation should contact Gannett Co., Inc.'s Recruitment Department at Recruit@gannett.com.
Virtual Req #20030