National Advertising - Account Executive
USA TODAY is searching for an Account Executive, Integrated National Sales to represent all USA TODAY brands including but not limited to print, events, digital, mobile, tablet and social partnerships.
In this role, you will:
- Possess a highly experienced multi-platform sales background, with a unique skill-set: must be creative, collaborative and strategic, with a lean towards creating custom programs, have a strong understanding of the principles of lead generation, and know how to sell value of editorial engagement and audience.
- Solid knowledge base of print & digital media sales solutions, including sponsorship, and display sales. Identifies client needs and uses demographic and market analysis, and knowledge of the client's business and competition, to deliver effective proposals to clients, producing sales that meet an annual revenue goal of $3.5-$5 million annually.
- Negotiate with internal resources and clients on advertising programs to assure that customer satisfaction is achieved and revenue objectives are met.
- Using knowledge of the competition and the industry, develop and execute value added strategies that generate business and strengthen USA TODAY's marketplace position.
- Identify the needs of a client through discussions of their objectives and strategies, and collaborates with client solutions to develop advertising opportunities to meet them. This includes, but is not limited to, planning and participating in special sales event functions that impact revenue, developing advertising prospects, active participation in business organizations and industry groups that lend to the business growth areas.
- Develop a high level of competency of USA TODAY's competitive advertising environment and builds knowledge of the clients' business. Identifies opportunities for new advertising strategies and recommends creative ideas that improve USA TODAY's competitive position and the bottom line. Represents USA TODAY with knowledge and confidence.
- React to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned all while working in a fast paced environment.
- Able to work and thrive in a team environment and invest in a long-term commitment to team and category of business growth, all while supporting company goals and objectives and contributing to team's success.
Here's what you need:
- Bachelors' degree, preferably in business, marketing, or journalism
- A minimum of five years' experience as a sales/marketing representative with a high concentration in digital & print ad sales. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
- Strong knowledge of publishing/media industry.
- Excellent negotiating skills.
- Proven track record in achieving/exceeding advertising sales goals.
- Must have demonstrable expertise in prospecting, inside and outside sales, closing deals, and maintaining multiple client accounts on a renewal basis.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact successfully with clients and advertising agencies at all levels.
- The candidate should already have established strong and widespread network of contacts within the media industry i.e. agencies and clients.
- Good word processing and electronic communication skills are essential. Any work in CRM data management systems is a plus i.e. salesforce.com.
- Must have good math skills and the ability to analyze data in order to develop presentations and effectively bring in advertising revenue, and to accurately account for associated expenses.
- Must be aggressive and self-motivated, organized and entrepreneurial by nature. Self-starter, dynamic and results oriented all while working in a team environment.
- In addition this position is required to consistently demonstrate the values of the Advertising department's culture of success.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & The Muse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Project Manager, People Division
Jade helps streamline operations while keeping tabs on company culture. Her role goes beyond transactional tasks and includes social engagement and Human Resources communication.
Back to top