Motion Graphics and Video Editor, USA TODAY's Humankind
- Atlanta, GA
Atlanta, GA, USA Req #10357
Friday, February 21, 2020
The USA TODAY Network is looking for a natural-born video storyteller to join Humankind's team to tell stories about acts of kindness, out of the ordinary triumphs and special relationships. If you can turn on feels at the drop of a hat through your editing, we need you! We need someone with the passion to make Humankind's content full of emotion and powerful motion graphics. The Humankind Digital Video Editor will work alongside Humankind's current production staff to edit multiple videos per week. Their work will include editing for all the Humankind franchise brands: Humankind, Animalkind, Militarykind, Kidskindand new projects in development.
The right candidate should be familiar with creating short-form social content, as well as mid- and long-form digital videos and/or episodes. The ideal candidate should be excited about using various forms of content to evoke feelings and emotions from our various audiences. We're looking for someone with the unique ability to mix video editing and motion graphics seamlessly into a finished product that works for OTT and a variety of social media platforms. This editor will work with the Adobe Creative Suite, specifically After Effects and Premiere. The ideal Humankind Digital Video Editor candidate will also dig into templates to optimize and change graphics as our brands evolve. The ideal editor candidate is excited to see their content go viral and passionate about the success of the entire Humankind franchise.
The right candidate will also be a team player with excellent communication skills, is quick to respond to requests and assignments, is receptive to feedback, and is a self-starter who can juggle multiple projects simultaneously.
Humankind is seeking a full-time video editor in Atlanta, New York or Los Angles are preferred. Other locations would be considered for the right candidate.
A resume, cover letter and links to your work are mandatory to being considered. Please combine these into one single document, as our application only allows for one document upload.
There's enough bad news out there, join Humankind in telling the country's most positive, uplifting stories.
- Editing original video and photo content using the Adobe Suite
- Create high end graphics creation using After Effects, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- Finding and pitching unique story ideas
- Finding ways to optimize workflow, content creation, and brand identity
- Organize and manage media for the Humankind brand
- Over 5 years of editing experience
- 5 or more years of motion graphics experience
- Editorial storytelling experience preferred
- Some experience editing for news and/or digital is a must
- Excellent communications skills, online and in person, with the community and fellow journalists.
- Works collaboratively with a passionate and highly motivated team of videographers, reporters, editors and producers.
- Experience using After Effects, Adobe Premiere and Adobe Photoshop is a must
- Working knowledge of the best types of videos for variety of social media platforms, including YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat, TikTok.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Back to top