The Cincinnati Enquirer, part of the USA TODAY NETWORK, is looking for a mobile editor to join the team. The mobile editor is responsible for providing an excellent user experience across all digital platforms, with an emphasis on mobile web and apps. Works closely with the engagement team, online producers, editors and reporters to deliver journalism in ways that mobile readers want and need. Pays attention to everything from how we utilize headlines and visuals to our content mix in order to ensure steady mobile growth. Helps establish strategies to satisfy current readers while growing that base substantially.
- Supervises online production team to ensure plans are tactics are being carried out successfully
- Handles daily online production tasks
- Attends morning and afternoon team meetings and develops a comprehensive dayparting plan for all content
- Attends maestros and helps develop robust plans for our projects and investigations
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's in Communications, Journalism or equivalent in experience and education or college degree in a related field
- Internship or previous experience in the job duties preferred.
- 2-5 years working in digital journalism
- Experience with social media, online metrics, third party tools, and content management systems
- Management experience preferred
- Experience in setting and meeting digital goals
- Experience managing team members in remote locations preferred
- Exceptional core journalism skills
- Deep understanding of journalism ethics.
- Deep understanding of and curiosity about competition for our customers' time and money.
- Self-motivation and self-direction.
- Effective communicator; able to get along with diverse personalities.
- Able to multi-task and excel under intense deadline pressure in a rapidly changing environment.
- Knows how to use time effectively in an always-on workday.
- Works collaboratively within a cross-functional environment.
- Must embrace peer-to-peer feedback and training.
- Applies innovative, creative thinking to support the company's goals.
- Writing, spelling, grammar, AP and local style.
- Basic knowledge of HTML
- Experience with Omniture and ComScore preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel etc.)
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & The Muse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Project Manager, People Division
Jade helps streamline operations while keeping tabs on company culture. Her role goes beyond transactional tasks and includes social engagement and Human Resources communication.
Back to top