Merchandising Marketing Specialist
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of more than 110 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include USA TODAY NETWORK with the iconic USA TODAY and more than 100 local media brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal and SweetIQ, and U.K. media company Newsquest. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com .
Retail Account Specialist
The Journal Sentinel, part of the USA TODAY Network, is seeking a Retail Account "Sales" Specialist in the Milwaukee County and surrounding areas. The position is responsible for developing and coordinating sales and promotional material in the retail stores to support sales programs; and achievement of our sales volume and revenue goals.
This is mainly a Sunday-Thursday work week due to the critical amount of revenue driven by the Sunday paper.
• Ensuring successful execution of all retail sales projects;
• Providing recommendations on best practices with a retailer chain or group of chains;
• Coordinating weekly in-store promotions;
• Based on site needs, facilitating promotional vehicles, in-store signage, Sunday ads and online promotion and masthead coupon promotion
• Developing mutually beneficial and needs-based relationships with retail partners via outside sales calls with larger retail outlets to help achieve sales growth;
• Enhancing positioning, display and signage at existing retail outlets to increase sales at large retail and retail chain stores;
• Visiting retail locations and evaluating newspaper positioning as well as other in-store marketing promotions
• Experience in sales or merchandising in a retail environment, consumer packaged goods, or newspaper industry.
• College degree with an emphasis in sales, marketing and/or communication or equivalent work experience.
• Excellent customer service skills are essential along with strong project management and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to individually and collectively problem solve and nurture relationships with internal and external customers.
• Strong skill set in Microsoft Office with a focus on Excel.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Steven serves as a point person of contact with businesses in local markets. He works with partner organizations to determine how USA TODAY can help them be successful.
Back to top