- Jackson, MS
Jackson, MS, USA Req #11427
Friday, August 21, 2020
The Clarion Ledger has immediate part-time openings for Material Handlers. This is an entry-level position performing post-press related packaging tasks.
Shift available: 2 pm - 8 pm, average 20-29 hours per week.
Salary: $9.50 per hour
- Feed preprints into insert machine hopper neatly and accurately.
- Monitor insert machine to reduce double inserts and/or skips so that all jackets have correct inserts.
- Remove completed bundles, weighing 10 to 50 pounds and stack neatly for next step in packaging delivery.
- Perform general clean-up of papers, skids and debris that accumulate during the workday.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Employees must have a high degree of safety awareness.
- High School graduation or equivalent (production experience preferred)
- Above average problem-solving skills necessary to monitor and repair automatic inserting and collating equipment
- Requires physical dexterity to lift and move material. Must be able to stand for long periods of time and must be able to lift or pile newspaper products that vary in weight from 10 to 50 pounds or more at one time.
- Must be able to change work assignments on short notice and be flexible in scheduling
- Position requires working in production areas while forklifts, pallet jacks, inserting and related equipment is in use
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Back to top