Sterling Heights, MI, USA Req #9159
Thursday, January 2, 2020
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of nearly 140 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include the USA TODAY and more than 260 daily local newspaper brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, WordStream, and ThriveHive and U.K. media company Newsquest. There's never been a better time to join our talented team. Visit Gannett.com/Careers to learn more!
Gannett Publishing Services
Sterling Heights, MI
Michigan.com, part of the USA Today Network, which prints the USA Today, the Detroit Free Press, and The Detroit News, has openings for Full-time Material Handler/Inserters at our Sterling Heights Operational Facility.
The work schedule is 37.5 hours per week @ $12.88 per hour. Must be available to work Saturday nights.
We offer the opportunity to learn additional skills which can lead to an increasing higher pay rate.
We are located in Sterling Heights, MI (16 Mile & Mound): 6200 Metropolitan Parkway (16 Mile Rd.)Sterling Heights, MI 48312
Key Responsibilities/Job Requirements:
This position is responsible for operating machines to insert preprinted advertisements into newspapers.
You will perform various functions necessary to package, insert and distribute supplements for daily and Sunday newspapers.
- Ensure each bundle through stacker lines is properly wrapped and tied for delivery to Transportation.
- Properly label, wrap and package all mail, files and V.I.P. papers.
- Account for all papers in Mailroom by recording all waste, salvage and figures from stacker counters on proper reports.
- Check bundles every ten minutes for accurate counts.
- Neatly stack and separate all zoned product for expansion.
- Maintain zone integrity by using proper zone wrappers on skids and bundles.
- Maintain all equipment and general cleaning daily.
- Communicate with managers to ensure proper operation is achieved.
- Help to maintain a clean and safe work environment by using proper waste material receptacles, and participating in safety program.
- Excellent attendance is expected.
- Ability to stand for extended periods while working during shift.
- Ability to lift newspaper bundles weighing up to 35 lbs.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Back to top