Marketing/Sales Manager - USA Today Network
Marketing/Sales Manager – USA Today Network
Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, part of the USA TODAY Network, is seeking a Regional Sales Manager in the coordination and tactical execution of strategies for retail sales outlets at the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, St. Cloud Times (MN) and 10 other Wisconsin newspapers owned by Gannett. This position is responsible for sales calls with major retailers; effective collaboration and communication with internal partners; volume trends and projections; developing and monitoring expense budgets; assisting in strategic planning, developing and coordinating local marketing, sales and promotional materials to support sales programs; and meeting or exceeding daily and Sunday budgeted volume and revenue goals.
In addition, the position will be responsible for marketing, sales and promotional activities to include:
- Coordinating weekly in-store promotions;
- Based on site needs, facilitating promotional vehicles, in-store signage, Sunday ads and online promotion, masthead coupon promotion, email and social media marketing;
- Developing mutually beneficial and needs-based relationships with retail partners via outside sales calls with larger retail outlets and chain stores;
- Enhancing positioning, display and signage at existing retail outlets to increase sales at large retail and retail chain stores;
- Ensuring acquisition universe is used, both traditional and non-traditional, with emphasis on core market and prioritized volume potential;
- In cooperation with local site, designing and managing revenue-positive promotions focused on target, profitable and sustainable circulation.
Qualified candidate will possess a college degree, bachelor's preferred. Sales and marketing experience, knowledge/experience of consumer packaging and/or retail promotions, preferred. Excellent customer service skills are essential along with strong project management and problem solving skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
Reaching readers across the state with our daily Milwaukee Journal Sentinel editions, our mjs.com website and various non-daily publications. We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a 401(k) plan.
USA TODAY NETWORK is one of the top 20 digital companies in the country, sharing the list with Google, Facebook, and Amazon. And we have over 100 million unique visitors a month, which is more than Buzzfeed, Yahoo News, and Huffington Post. Because our team consists of over 110 local properties with USA TODAY at the helm, you'll have the luxury of living in a community you love while making a national impact.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & The Muse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Miranda’s main goal is creating unique, practical layouts that perfectly pair graphics and content to appeal to users. She considers readability and presentation of magazines paramount.
Back to top