United States • Virtual Req #20656
Thursday, January 27, 2022
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com .
MARKETING/ SALES INTERNSHIP
The B2B Marketing Solutions Sales, Marketing, Advertising teams are accepting applications for our 10-week Summer 2022 Internship Program which will begin June 13, 2022. This internship experience will provide you with the opportunity to collaborate with top B2B Marketing experts, exposure to multiple divisions (client support, presales data/insights/operations, marketing and creative services, local sales teams, auto and national sales), and an assigned mentor to help guide and advise you along the way. Hours will range from up to 40 hours weekly, based on student availability.
With industry-leading technology and digital marketing services, our team shares a commitment to supporting local commerce, enabling businesses to connect with customers where we live, work, and serve.
As an Intern working with your assigned team, you will develop and apply your experience and skills in:
- Supporting and interacting directly with our Account and Digital Executives
- May set appointments and create qualified leads
- May work with Search Engine Marketing and Web Presence Optimization
- May work with display advertising and print advertising
- Networking opportunities and events
- Shared experiences with key leaders
- Learning client engagement and communication skills
- Assisting in campaign strategy development
- CRM management, including data entry
- Researching competitive data; identifying digital targets
- Learning how to maintain and grow existing accounts
- Developing new business leads with client research and prospecting
- Pre-planning, customizing, and optimizing sales campaigns
- Creating client specific ad templates including ad specifications
- Using prospecting and system tools such as Salesforce
- An energetic, strategic, and entrepreneurial spirit
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate benefits of our audience-based marketing solutions as they each relate to needs
- Critical thinking with creative abilities
- Degree-seeking student currently enrolled at a college or university
- Technologically savvy and a fast learner
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- CRM systems knowledge helpful
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer committed to building and maintaining a diverse workforce. As such, we will consider all qualified applicants for employment and do not discriminate in connection with employment decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee's race, color, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, marital status, personal appearance (including height and weight), sexual orientation, family responsibilities, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy status (including childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), education, genetic characteristics or information, political affiliation, military or veteran status or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state and local laws in the jurisdictions where Gannett employs employees. In addition, Gannett Co., Inc. will provide applicants who require a reasonable accommodation, as a result of an applicant's disability or religion, to complete this employment application and/or any other process in connection with an individuals' application for employment with Gannett Co., Inc. Applicants who require such accommodation should contact Gannett Co., Inc.'s Recruitment Department at Recruit@gannett.com.