Boston, NY 14025, USA • Chicago, IL, USA • Delaware, USA • Florida, USA • Maryland, USA • McLean, VA, USA • New Brunswick, NJ, USA • New Jersey, USA • New York, NY, USA • North Carolina, USA • Pennsylvania, USA • Rochester, NY, USA • Tucson, AZ, USA • Washington, DC, USA • Virtual Req #20160
Thursday, January 6, 2022
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com .
LOCALiQ is used by local, small businesses to help them find, convert and keep customers. As part of the USA Today Network, LOCALiQ is changing the way businesses understand audiences and where to find them.
How? With an all-in-one marketing platform that optimizes any marketing budget to deliver more relevant messages to local consumers with a suite of marketing automation, channel campaign management, CRM and insight tools. In this digital world we are on a mission to keep small businesses growing and thriving because the health of local communities depends on it.
Get ready to roll up your sleeves and build something that unites local businesses and the world of Martech. If you're talented, driven, creative, and love small businesses as much as we do -- let's talk!
Gannett's B2B Marketing team is looking for a flexible, creative Events Marketing Manager to join our driven and passionate marketing team. Reporting into Growth Marketing, this role will drive our ambitious vision of driving new leads and pipeline for LOCALiQ. In this role, you'll be asked to devise the event strategy for tradeshows, conferences and webinars that will drive awareness and lead generation. The right person for the role has a creative growth mindset, great operational skills and a strong grasp of digital marketing and client engagement tactics.
The primary focus of the Marketing Webinar and Events Manager will be to build LOCALiQ's brand and generate pipeline through virtual and in person events.
Webinars: This person will be responsible for planning topics, creating webinar content, identifying presenters, all while working closely with our paid acquisition lead and email marketing experts to conceptualize, plan, promote, and track monthly webinar campaigns.
Events: This person will be responsible for collaborating with sales to execute marketing event trade shows. Tasks include trade show logistics, organizing assets and communications that promote and support events and collaborating with the Brand marketing team to ensure event assets are on brand and high quality.
The B2B Marketing Events Manager will be responsible for the strategy, coordination and execution of industry events including trade shows, multi-location franchise conferences, branded events, and webinars. This person will work in coordination with Marketing and Sales to create brand awareness, drive demand, and generate leads with our client base and prospects through virtual and in-person events across the country.
This person should be extremely well-organized, detail-oriented, eager to identify and apply new tactics and have a "can-do" approach. They will be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible, enthusiastic, resourceful, and efficient.
Key responsibilities include:
- Build and oversee the overall strategy, planning and execution of LOCALiQ brand webinars, trade shows, and other conference events.
- Evaluate all event and webinar outcomes to provide ROI analysis and ensure continuous improvement of all activities
- Manage logistics, budgeting, and scheduling elements as related to webinar and event campaigns, including project-managing cross-functional team members of various levels to drive expected timelines and outcomes.
- Work closely with the sales channel growth leads to capture our target audiences, create goals and a vision for engagement
- Assure strong and accurate reflection of our company messages, differentiation, brand, logo and trademarks in all partner and joint marketing campaigns.
- In-person and Virtual Events
- Manage all event sponsorship and speaking engagement related logistics.
- Build relationships and serve as the point of contact with event organizers and vendors; manage event contracts and invoices
- Collaborate across multiple teams including Marketing, Creative, and Sales on event production and sponsorship fulfillment
- Coordinate event environment (branding etc.) and manage the execution of events onsite when needed.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to the successful execution of the event program.
- Bachelor's degree in advertising, marketing, communications, business, hospitality management or a relevant field
- At least 3 years of direct experience specifically focused on event management.
- At least 5 years of general marketing experience.
- Strong project management, sales and management skills.
- Ability to translate business objectives into goal-oriented marketing campaigns.
- Hands-on experience in the production of in-person and virtual events
- A strong cross-team collaborator and relationship-builder, developing strong networks and building credibility within the organization
- Willingness to travel to events as needed
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; adapts easily and quickly to change
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills required
- A solid understanding of B2B marketing programs, events, promotions and best practices.
- Experience with Marketo or similar automated marketing campaigns programs and Salesforce.
- Proficient in standard Microsoft programs (Adobe design program and HTML a plus).
- Strong relationship management skills.