Virtual Req #20151
Tuesday, December 14, 2021
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com .
About the Storytellers Project
The Storytellers Project is a nationwide series of live storytelling nights. USA TODAY Network newsrooms curate and host nights of true, first-person stories from neighbors and notables. Journalists coach community members to share entertaining stories for diverse audiences. The Project serves and reflects a community and develops empathy in that community. Since its founding in Arizona in 2011, more than 6,000 people have told stories in 21 cities.
The Marketing Lead will join a nationally focused experiential journalism team at Gannett that operates the Storytellers Project and the Storytellers Brand Studio, both part of the USA TODAY NETWORK.
The role will lead execution and weigh in on strategy for multi-channel marketing, including being responsible for setting goals and best practices around brand guidelines, visual cohesion, ad campaigns, public relations, newsletters and social media.
The role reports to the Senior Director/Founder. Current team members include a Senior Director/Founder, Head of Brand Partnerships, a National Manager, an Operations Manager and often, a marketing design intern.
The Storytellers Project and Storytellers Brand Studio are responsible for creating content and live national and local events - in-person or virtual - that connect people through storytelling. Our team is dedicated to transparency, inclusivity and rigor. We value collaboration, personal responsibility and hustle.
The successful candidate will be knowledgeable regarding many aspects of marketing and CRM from a high level with ground-level execution. This is a hands-on role with a real opportunity to shape messaging and aesthetics.
This person will have a background in marketing or communications, and/or public relations or advertising. They will understand how to craft messages to suit various platforms. This person is comfortable working independently and can define and improve systems, thinking creatively to implement and design new solutions for elevating the brand.
This person sees opportunities no one else does and can spot ways to improve. This person is eager to solve problems. This candidate needs to be an appealing writer with an ear and eye for what makes people engage.
This candidate can live anywhere in the United States.
- Collaborate with team to design content marketing strategy and plan to achieve B2C brand awareness, storyteller recruitment, ticket sales and content consumption in-person and across digital platforms both live and on-demand.
- Develop, communicate and execute marketing plan in collaboration with other Gannett business units including subscription and customer retention teams.
- Maintain and improve overall product of the live event experience.
- Create and distribute messaging strategy for all promotions and communications, and measure effectiveness.
- Develop and maintain warm working relationships with internal and external partners including clients, vendors, sales teams and community members.
- Lead conversations around new marketing and communications needs and strategies.
- Create timelines, best practices and workflows for all promotions and communications.
- Ensure all communication is designed and delivered to specifications on time.
- Maintain and manage national website, updating content.
- Project manage printers, designers, and other fulfillment partners to ensure deadlines are met.
- Project manage and guide design and execution of new website development and launch and maintain and manage this.
- Manage seasonal intern program.
- Strong leadership and teamwork skills including consensus building, managing expectations and time management
- A self-starter who knows when to check in.
- A person who sees themselves as empathetic and thoughtful.
- Conveys a sense of urgency or respects the urgency of others, and drives the issues to closure
- Ability to focus on fine-grain tasks in a distracting atmosphere
- Ability to learn processes and tools quickly and become proficient
- Ability to think quickly, creatively and to translate those ideas into clean copy on deadline
- Possesses a detail-oriented work style with the ability to proof own work for AP Style, grammar and readability.
- Possesses an understanding of content marketing strategy and implementation
- Possesses ability to build effective relationships and navigate cross-functionally to effectively work across levels, geographies, senior executives, and divisions without ego.
- Possesses a willingness to find a way to say yes - to clients, supervisors and audience members
- Proficient in the use of standard office computer software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Familiarity with Wordpress CMS, Figma, as well as a basic understanding of effective use of social media websites such as YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
1. Your resume - one to two pages.
2. A cover letter that outlines how you would approach the job and why you're interested in the position.
It is important that these items be assembled into a single document and uploaded in PDF format. Completing these steps will ensure that your application receives the highest consideration.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer committed to building and maintaining a diverse workforce. As such, we will consider all qualified applicants for employment and do not discriminate in connection with employment decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee's race, color, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, marital status, personal appearance (including height and weight), sexual orientation, family responsibilities, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy status (including childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), education, genetic characteristics or information, political affiliation, military or veteran status or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state and local laws in the jurisdictions where Gannett employs employees. In addition, Gannett Co., Inc. will provide applicants who require a reasonable accommodation, as a result of an applicant's disability or religion, to complete this employment application and/or any other process in connection with an individuals' application for employment with Gannett Co., Inc. Applicants who require such accommodation should contact Gannett Co., Inc.'s Recruitment Department at Recruit@gannett.com.