Asbury Park, NJ 07712, USA • Atlanta, GA, USA • Boston, MA, USA • Fort Myers, FL, USA • Manhattan, New York, NY, USA • Mansfield, OH, USA • Massachusetts, USA • Memphis, TN, USA • Milwaukee, WI, USA • Nashville, TN, USA • Pennsylvania, USA • Rochester, NY, USA • Tallahassee, FL, USA • Texas, USA • Tucson, AZ, USA • Virtual Req #14153
Friday, October 29, 2021
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
The Marketing Events Specialist will be responsible for supporting the planning and facilitating for the B2B Marketing team's monthly online webinars and ongoing tradeshow events. If you love project management and enjoy the logistical side of event support, this role is for you. The person in this role will work closely with the Marketing Events Manager to create and execute on email marketing programs to promote our monthly webinars. They'll also assist with our live and virtual tradeshow logistics.
- Co-plan, promote, and facilitate all marketing webinars (3-5 per quarter)
- Help recruit new webinar presenters (internal experts and guest speakers) regularly
- Draft compelling copy to promote webinars and tradeshow events
- Guide presenters by developing and editing PowerPoint presentations
- Work with visual design team to create promotional creative
- Collaborate with content team to create a social media promotional strategy
- Collaborate with marketing team members to plan monthly email and paid promotion schedules
- Support Marketing Events Manager to create email copy, produce effective assets to promote, and assist in setting up email marketing campaigns using our marketing automation platform.
- Assist managing all event, sponsorship and speaking engagement related logistics.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- 1-3 years of related marketing experience.
- An understanding of processes, systems and procedures associated with demand generation.
- Analytical capabilities.
- An understanding of B2B marketing programs, promotions and best practices.
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively in a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing requirements and shifting priorities.
- Experience with GotoWebinar, Zoom, or similar webinar platforms.
- Detail-oriented. Can multi-task and juggle many simultaneous priorities.
- Good written and verbal communication skills; excellent listening skills.
- Hard-working, determined self-starter.
- Experience with Marketo or similar automated marketing campaigns programs and Salesforce.com.
- Proficient in standard Microsoft programs.