McLean, VA, USA ● New York, NY, USA ● Washington, DC, USA ● Virtual Req #11938
Thursday, March 11, 2021
Gannett/USA TODAY NETWORK is hiring a Copywriter to join the Brand and Network Marketing team. As the key creative contributor to marketing and brand initiatives, this innovative individual will be tasked with bringing to life our brand voice for our national, niche and local consumer brands as part of an in-house creative agency.
**Please submit a link to your digital portfolio on your resume!
- Develop compelling and persuasive copy for marketing & brand initiatives
- Concept, brainstorm and strategize with creative partners to develop strong integrated campaigns
- Refine and champion our brand voice and contribute to the evolution of our messaging strategies
- Craft engaging copy to drive action across our customer journey - across channels
- Perform basic proofing/editing on copy, with strong attention to details
- Stay abreast of social and cultural trends to inspire creative solutions
- Successfully communicate, present and pitch creative ideas and the strategic rationale behind them
- Manage time and juggle multiple projects while staying self-motivated and well organized
- 3+ years relevant copywriting experience (agency experience a plus)
- Diverse portfolio of copy examples across channels (i.e. digital, print, OOH, email, social)
- Incredible attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Exceptional interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Impeccable knowledge of spelling and grammar
- A positive attitude and the ability to reframe challenges as opportunities
- Be able to thrive in a creative and fast-paced environment, with people who are passionate about their work
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Back to top