Market Development - Direct Sales Representative
USA TODAY NETWORK is one of the top 20 digital companies in the country, sharing the list with Google, Facebook, and Amazon. And we have over 100 million unique visitors a month, which is more than Buzzfeed, Yahoo News, and Huffington Post. Because our team consists of over 110 local properties with USA TODAY at the helm, you'll have the luxury of living in a community you love while making a national impact.
D&C Digital, is seeking a Part-Time Event Sales & Marketing Representative to meet subscription sales goals, build the brand image and presence and assist consumer trial at the region's hottest events.
Candidates must be 18 years of age and older and have prior sales experience. The more you sell, the more you can earn! This position requires flexible, non-traditional work hours.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for interacting with the public, have a solid sales track record, be highly personable with excellent communication skills, and be highly confident and motivated.
This position reports to the Local Sales Manager.
- Attend D&C Digital sponsored and local events to sell newspaper subscriptions, with a focus on acquisition. (Event Sales Goals)
- Coordinate events and onsite presence with Local Sales Manager to maximize sales exposure.
- Deliver key benefits: Value, Relevance, User Experience & Benefits
- Engage consumers with charisma and energy, not only to deliver vital product talking points and demonstrations but to provide a fun and memorable experience.
- Capture LEADS – demonstrate steps to Link, Like & Love D&C Digital Newspapers and other local associated publications on Facebook, news.com sites, reporter email / newsletters, and more.
- Engage & Incentivize consumers in all product offerings and sales plans.
- Provide product demonstrations via virtual reality, video, interactive monitor, iPad, and/or mobile device.
- Discuss upcoming strategic editorial content offerings and upcoming events.
- Possesses the ability to prioritize, adhere to schedules and communicate regularly on project status.
- Must be able to work independently and also as a member of a cohesive team. Has the physical stamina to set up and breakdown kiosks, carry hand-outs and stand for extended periods of time.
- React to changes productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
- 0 - 2 years of sales experience.
- Sales skills should be present along with strong communications skills. (We provide training. We work with you to succeed.)
- Must be available to work daytime and non-traditional hours, including some nights and weekends
- Time management and good organization skills are critical.
- Must be savvy with social media and digital technology
- Travel is a requirement of the position; must possess a vehicle, valid driver's license and car insurance.
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Miranda’s main goal is creating unique, practical layouts that perfectly pair graphics and content to appeal to users. She considers readability and presentation of magazines paramount.
Back to top