McLean, VA, USA • New York, NY, USA • Virtual Req #19916
Wednesday, December 1, 2021
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com .
Manager, Recruiting Operations
We are hiring an innovative professional to join our Talent Acquisition team as Manager, Recruiting Operations. This individual will oversee vendor partnerships and manage activities of contractors and recruiters while ensuring optimal connections to HRBPs and business teams enterprise-wide.
The Manager, Recruiting Operations will lead the successful operation for our talent acquisition team in providing hiring support across Gannett business units.
This includes, but is not limited to: overseeing recruiters, forecasting demand and team capacity, workload balancing, improving operational processes and review mechanisms, ensuring recruiters are meeting expectations on new and existing tasks to achieve operational proficiency, and leaning in to recruit for key roles as needed. S/he will partner closely with HR team members, business leaders and be a driver for continuous improvement, creative solutions and added automation.
- Manage recruiters, promoting a consultative mindset and strong partnerships with business units
- Build multiple ongoing operational projects involving talent acquisition
- Identify gaps in coverage across TA team and devise recommendations accordingly
- Understand strengths of recruiters and promote professional development activities
- Develop and implement hiring forecasts
- Take initiative with a keen ability for meeting deadlines
- Initiate projects within TA that will allow for more streamlined and productive workflows
- Willingness to tackle multiple challenges that adversely impact recruiting success
- Be focused on problem solving, maintaining strong interpersonal communication skills
- Have a successful track record within recruiting in a fast-paced environment
- Regularly assess existing processes and propose solutions
- Ability to be data-focused, identifying and resolving issues quickly
- Have a sense of accountability and sound personal judgment
- Provide excellent customer service to all stakeholders
- Ability to act with professionalism, diplomacy, and a strong work ethic
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years' previous Human Resources and/or Recruiting experience, plus a track record of success in managing TA recruiters
- 3+ years' leadership and operational management experience
- 3+ years' experience in project management, business reporting and/or analytics
- Experience partnering with senior leaders to deliver results
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and streamline processes
- Highly motivated to be successful
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- A "glass half full" attitude!