Manager, Financial Reporting
Gannett is seeking a Manager of Financial Reporting to be responsible for the monthly close and consolidation process and the timely and accurate preparation and filing of Gannett's SEC filing requirements. This position will also be responsible for analyzing the accounting treatment on
various transactions and new contractual arrangements. The successful candidate will regularly interact with senior management and professional service providers. The position is based in McLean, VA
and reports into the Director of Financial Reporting.
• Timely and accurate preparation and filing of Gannett's quarterly and annual reports on SEC
Forms 10-K and 10-Q, including the preparation and review of the financial
statements, footnotes, management's discussion and analysis, and XBRL
tagging in accordance with U.S. GAAP and SEC regulations.
• Timely and accurate production of month-end close and consolidation process.
• Timely and accurate production and/or review of other SEC filings or investor communications including press releases, investor conference materials, registration statements, proxy statements, etc.
• Optimization of the entire reporting process including compression of the financial close and
• Preparation and review of various financial statement variance analytics.
• Research and analyze the accounting treatment on various transactions and new contractual
• Maintaining and monitoring department compliance with internal controls, policies and procedures.
• Supporting ad hoc financial information requests and analysis.
• Supervise professional accounting staff.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree in accounting.
• CPA required.
• Minimum of 8 years of accounting experience, including "Big 4" and financial reporting experience with SEC filers and supervisory experience.
• Strong technical accounting skills, including knowledge of US GAAP, SEC Rules & regulations and Sarbanes Oxley regulations.
• Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, and written communication skills, organizational
savvy, strong initiative and the ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
• Flexibility, team loyalty, and strong leadership skills.
- System experience with Workiva, Lawson and BPC preferred but not required.
• Strong Microsoft Office skills, specifically in Excel.
Back to top