Maintenance Technician III
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of more than 110 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include USA TODAY NETWORK with the iconic USA TODAY and more than 100 local media brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal and SweetIQ, and U.K. media company Newsquest. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com .
Maintenance Technician III
Gannett Publishing Services
Bergen Rockaway, NJ
Under general direction, the purpose of this position is to troubleshoot, repair and maintain electrical equipment essential to the operation of the production departments while following all safety precautions.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1. Troubleshoot electrical breakdowns in press, post press, and prepress.
2. Repair and monitor electrical production equipment in press, post press and prepress.
3. Perform periodic maintenance in press, post press and prepress.
4. Install and/or relocate new and used equipment in press, post press, and prepress.
5. Learn equipment operation and maintenance in all areas.
6. Perform basic mechanical repairs and assist with mechanics.
7. Assist in troubleshooting and repair of material handling equipment.
8. Help train others in new or existing production equipment.
9. Research and planning for electrical repairs and installations.
10. Modifications made to new and used equipment.
11. Assist in troubleshooting and repair areas of Plant Maintenance.
12. Record keeping of all work done on SAP system, including inventory control.
13. Demonstrates regular and predictable attendance.
14. Performs such similar, comparable or related duties as may be required or assigned.
Essential Function Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
1. Certificate from 2-year electronics school
2. 3 years' experience in troubleshooting and repairing machinery in production environment.
3. 2 years in printing/newspaper industry
4. Knowledge of motor controls, relay logic, AC & DC circuits, PCs, programmable controllers, and PLC.
5. Knowledge of test equipment (i.e., scopes, meters, Huntron).
6. Strong mechanical skills.
7. Strong knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics.
8. Ability to solder.
9. Ability to read and understand electrical/electronic drawings in varied standards.
10. Ability to run flexible and rigid conduit.
11. Knowledge of computer networking.
12. Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
13. Fluent in English (must be able to read and write English)
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Steven serves as a point person of contact with businesses in local markets. He works with partner organizations to determine how USA TODAY can help them be successful.
Back to top