Maintenance Technician III
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of more than 110 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include USA TODAY NETWORK with the iconic USA TODAY and more than 100 local media brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal and SweetIQ, and U.K. media company Newsquest. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com .
Maintenance Tech III
Gannett Publishing Services
Duties include all facets of post-press equipment setup, operation and maintenance including inserter, stackers, bottom wraps, and strappers. The job environment is deadline-oriented work in a manufacturing environment. Work schedule is determined by workflow.In addition, responsible for keeping the building and grounds maintained in an orderly condition.Perform repairs, routine preventative maintenance and aid employees that have facility related needs.
- Prepare and make-ready post-press equipment to ensure on-time starts, stops, trucks and production of a product that meets or exceeds established quality standards.
- Clean and maintain equipment using established checklists and schedules. Complete documentation on all maintenance.
- Troubleshoot equipment to maintain timely production and acceptable quality levels.
- Repair, maintain and perform preventative maintenance of the facility and grounds.
- Able to complete all daily paper work, daily checklists. Basic computer skills required.
- Maintain effective communication within the department with peers, inserters, and managers.
- Follow safe work methods established by Gannett and GPS Anderson. Report all accidents and unsafe work conditions. Understands safety responsibilities.
- Maintain a clean work environment.
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
Mechanical aptitude and analytical ability. Ability to troubleshoot equipment; Ability to think quickly under deadline pressure. Ability to communicate well with others and work in a challenging production environment. Ability to multi-task Production and Building responsibilities. Experience on the job to perform satisfactorily:(i.e., 90 days)
In addition, check factors which are important to successful performance:
Ability Communication Skills
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Steven serves as a point person of contact with businesses in local markets. He works with partner organizations to determine how USA TODAY can help them be successful.
Back to top