- Milwaukee, WI
Milwaukee, WI, USA Req #11663
Saturday, January 9, 2021
GANNETT PUBLISHING SERVICES
The Maintenance Supervisor will diagnose complex systems and repair complex issues and systems throughout manufacturing and the facility. Position will support department electricians, machinists or contractors in a variety of projects and job assignments as required by the department. The Maintenance Supervisor is expected to follow all safety rules and communicate both written and orally and document work activities as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPOSNIBILITES:
• Support the Maintenance Manager to supervise the operations of the maintenance staff
• Implement proactive processes to minimize downtime and safety hazards
• Organize major planned maintenance activities, and supporting operations to maintain machinery to achieve desired production targets
• Supervises and trains workers involved in electrical installation, construction, and maintenance work
• Perform duties to install and maintain production machines and plant facility equipment.
• Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production
• Performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
• Installation/modification of conduit and wiring for machines and controls.
- Perform electrical troubleshooting skills and repair of production machines. (480-volt 3 phase, 240-volt 3 phase, motor/control circuits, relays, PLC)
- Ability to troubleshoot/edit PLC Programming.
• Perform electrical troubleshooting and repair for all machines and facilities.
• Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
• Work with professional trade contractors to solve everyday issues that arise with the Facility; always representing the company in professional manner.
• Successfully manage multiple assignments through effective prioritization & time management.
• Repairs and maintains variable speed digital/analog AC and DC drives
• Perform all duties and functions in accordance with Federal, State, Municipal, and Gannett Publishing Services rules and regulations.
• High school diploma, College degree preferred
• Journeyman certification
• Minimum 2 years of electrical maintenance supervision
SPECIFIC SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must possess skill and knowledge in the operation and installation of complete wiring systems found in industrial complexes
- Can interpret and apply National Electrical Code, local codes, building plans, blueprints, wiring diagrams, engineering drawings and trade formulas.
- Work independently and in teams as required,
- Quickly troubleshoot automated equipment,
- Maintain knowledge in the NFPA National Electrical Code and use of a variety of electrical test equipment.
- Have knowledge in industrial electronics and controls and electrical construction tools and materials.
- Ability to read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Clear understanding of electrical diagrams.
- Good communication skills.
- Effectively able to read blueprints and schematics
- General knowledge of gears, pulleys, pressure, and heat.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Earned or be actively working on a technical Associates Degree (AS) (Applicable AS degrees include: Automation Systems, Electro-Mechanical Technology, Electronic Technology, or Industrial Maintenance Technology or other similarly focused degree programs)
• Completed a technical apprenticeship
• Have related electrical maintenance military experience
• Completed stringent formal company mechanical /electrical maintenance training program
- Exhibit strong desire to learn new skills, technical & soft, to advance along maintenance career progression.
- Continuing education throughout career in Maintenance.
• Physical demands commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job: pushing, pulling, climbing, reaching, stretching and working in tight positions.
• Must have the physical ability and coordination to remove and replace parts from machinery. To be functional within position person should be able to lift at least 50 lbs.
• Must have visual acuity at short distance to examine form and texture of parts to detect imperfections.
• Work in conditions of: Heat, humidity, working in tight areas, noise (from production machinery) and working with various oils, solvents and other related chemicals.
• Must have working knowledge of basic mechanical fundamentals.
• Perform tasks per instructions. Work well without supervision when needed
• Must be flexible: Able to work overtime and Saturdays/Sundays when needed.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Back to top