Mailroom - Material Handler
Sterling Heights, MI, USA Req #7717
Thursday, April 4, 2019
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of more than 110 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include USA TODAY NETWORK with the iconic USA TODAY and more than 100 local media brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, SweetIQ, and United Kingdom media company Newsquest. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com .
Material Handler/Inserter - Part-Time/All Shifts/and Weekends - Sterling Heights Location
Michigan.com, part of the USA Today Network, which prints the USA Today, the Detroit Free Press, and The Detroit News, has openings for Part-time Material Handler/Inserters at our Sterling Heights Operational Facility.
This is a great position to earn additional funds on the weekend including college students looking for extra income! Many shifts available throughout the week.
The work schedule is approx. 20 hours per week depending on work demand: Must be available to work Saturday nights.
Pay Rate: $12.88 per hour
We also offer the opportunity to learn additional skills which can lead to an increasing higher pay rate.
We are located in Sterling Heights, MI (16 Mile & Mound): 6200 Metropolitan Parkway (16 Mile Rd.) Sterling Heights, MI 48312
Key Responsibilities/Job Requirements:
This position is responsible for operating machines to insert preprinted advertisements into newspapers.
You will perform various functions necessary to package, insert and distribute supplements for daily and Sunday newspapers.
- Ensure each bundle through stacker lines is properly wrapped and tied for delivery to Transportation.
- Properly label, wrap and package all mail, files and V.I.P. papers.
- Account for all papers in Mailroom by recording all waste, salvage and figures from stacker counters on proper reports.
- Check bundles every ten minutes for accurate counts.
- Neatly stack and separate all zoned product for expansion.
- Maintain zone integrity by using proper zone wrappers on skids and bundles.
- Maintain all equipment and general cleaning daily.
- Communicate with supervisors to ensure proper operation is achieved.
- Help to maintain a clean and safe work environment by using proper waste material receptacles, and participating in safety program.
- Excellent attendance is expected.
- Ability to stand for extended periods while working during shift.
- Ability to lift newspaper bundles weighing up to 35 lbs.
USA TODAY NETWORK is one of the top 20 digital companies in the country, sharing the list with Google, Facebook, and Amazon. And we have over 100 million unique visitors a month, which is more than Buzzfeed, Yahoo News, and Huffington Post. Because our team consists of over 110 local properties with USA TODAY at the helm, you'll have the luxury of living in a community you love while making a national impact.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn , Twitter , Facebook , Glassdoor , Indeed & The Muse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Gannett Co., is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Back to top