Mailroom Machine Operator
- Sterling Heights, MI
Sterling Heights, MI, USA Req #13263
Monday, January 11, 2021
Mailroom Machine Operator
Gannett Publishing Services
Sterling Heights, MI
This position will offer a starting salary of $23 per hour based on qualifications and work-related experience.
- Responsible for verification of preprint insertion schedules and zoning and product staging.
- Coordinate packaging center and/or specific workstation resources.
- Provide advanced machine operation including but not limited to inserters, inserter controls, joggers, conveyors, grippers, stackers, folders, strappers, bottom wrap machines, loaders, printers, address labelers, adhesive advertising applicators, scales, stitch and trim binding equipment, pallet jacks and fork trucks and other post-press equipment as needed.
- Assist with directing activities during production, training inserting and machine operator employees.
- Provide advanced troubleshooting, maintenance and repairs of all post-press equipment, inserter control setup & operation, equipment rebuilding and replacement (such as hopper replacement), parts inventory control, and all standard preventive maintenance. and repairs of all post-press equipment, inserter control setup & operation, equipment rebuilding and replacement (such as hopper replacement), parts inventory control, and all standard preventive maintenance.
- Complete packaging reports.
- Assist with all equipment repairs, rebuilding & replacement (such as hopper replacement) and all standard preventive maintenance.
- Perform general packaging maintenance including equipment blowdown and packaging related assignments.
• Always work in a safe manner and consistently utilize required safety equipment to promote top-of-mind safety awareness:
• Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
• Complete required annual OSHA safety training programs:Lockout/Tag-out, Hazardous Communications, Personal Protective Equipment, Hearing Conservation, Blood Borne Pathogens, Forklift.
• Ensure all machine safety-guards are installed, functioning properly, and in use.
• Immediately report any potential safety hazards, operational concerns and all accidents/injuries and near misses to production management.
• Provide timely and accurate information to management.
• Immediately report equipment or product issues to production management.
• Communicate scheduling needs to supervisors and/or production management.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Back to top