Mailroom - Inserter Trainee
Lafayette, IN, USA Req #8022
Tuesday, April 30, 2019
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of more than 110 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include USA TODAY NETWORK with the iconic USA TODAY and more than 100 local media brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, SweetIQ, and United Kingdom media company Newsquest. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Mailroom Trainee - Part Time Night Shift
Gannett Publishing Services
The Journal & Courier; Part of the USA Today Network
The Gannett Publishing Services Lafayette Production Centeris looking for a Part-Time Mailroom Trainee. Position is responsible for loading product into the inserting machine, stacking down product from press or inserter to build skids that can be machine inserted or shipped out, and basic material handling functions. The job environment is deadline-oriented work in a manufacturing environment.
A flexible schedule is required. Some experience working in a busy environment is helpful. A high school diploma or equivalent is preferable but not required.
The Mailroom Trainee will provide high-level support and assistance to the mailroom in the production facility. The Mailroom Trainee should be experienced with performing repetitive tasks and meeting production deadlines.
If you are high-energy, dependable, flexible, a team player, and have experience working in a production or manufacturing environment, we encourage you to join our team.
- Loading inserter machines
- Hand inserting papers
- Stacking bundles of papers on skids or in carts
- Keeping work station clean and organized
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have good hand-eye coordination.
- Must have good dexterity and be able to stand during entire shift.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. repeatedly.
- Must be able to perform accurate and efficient tasks.
- Must possess basic math skills.
- Must have ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screen.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule (days, nights, weekends & holidays is Required***).
If you have any questions please contact: GPS Recruiter of PT Roles/Talent Acquisition; Ariel Mack at 317-695-5138
Gannett Co., is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Back to top