Mailroom Inserter I (part-time)
- Knoxville, TN
Knoxville, TN, USA Req #10746
Thursday, September 24, 2020
Gannett Publishing Services
Knoxville News Sentinel
$10.00 per hour starting rate
The Knoxville News Sentinel has immediate openings for part-time inserters to work the 6 pm to 2 am shift (4) days per week. This is a great position to earn additional funds on the weekend including college students looking for extra income! Many shifts available throughout the week as well.
- Perform various functions necessary to package, insert and distribute supplements for daily and Sunday newspapers.
- Ensure each bundle through stacker lines is properly wrapped and tied for delivery to Transportation.
- Account for all papers in Mailroom by recording all waste, salvage and figures from stacker counters on proper reports.
- Check bundles for accurate counts.
- Maintain all equipment and general cleaning daily.
GED/High School diploma. Good verbal communication skills required. Knowledge of OSHA regulations and proven ability to be a self-starter a plus. Must be able to repetitively lift newspaper bundles weighing up to 25 pounds.
Paid time off, 401(k), Employee Assistance Program, and various perks through our employee discounts and voluntary benefits program.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Back to top