Sterling Heights, MI, USA Req #20467
Thursday, December 30, 2021
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com .
Part-Time/All Shifts/and Weekends
Detroit Free Press
Sterling Heights, Michigan
Approximately 20 hours per week and must be available to work Saturday nights.
Hours: Part-time and Full-time hours
Location: We are located in Sterling Heights, MI (16 Mile & Mound): 6200 Metropolitan Parkway (16 Mile Rd.) S terling Heights, MI 48312
Key Responsibilities/Job Requirements:
- Operate machines to insert preprinted advertisements into newspapers
- Package, insert and distribute supplements for daily and Sunday newspapers.
- Ensure each bundle through stacker lines is properly wrapped and tied for delivery to Transportation.
- Properly label, wrap and package all mail, files and V.I.P. papers.
- Account for all papers in Mailroom by recording all waste, salvage, and figures from stacker counters on proper reports.
- Check bundles every ten minutes for accurate counts.
- Neatly stack and separate all zoned product for expansion.
- Maintain zone integrity by using proper zone wrappers on skids and bundles.
- Maintain all equipment and general cleaning daily.
- Communicate with supervisors to ensure proper operation is achieved.
- Help to maintain a clean and safe work environment by using proper waste material receptacles and participating in safety program.
- Excellent attendance is expected.
- Ability to stand for extended periods while working during shift.
- Ability to lift newspaper bundles weighing up to 35 lbs.