Fayetteville, NC, USA Req #20069
Wednesday, December 8, 2021
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com .
$12.00 per hour
$900 Sign-On Bonus
The Fayetteville Observer has immediate openings for part-time inserters. This is an entry-level position performing post-press related packaging tasks. There are varied shifts available averaging 20-29 hours per week.
We are looking for individuals who are available to work a day and/or evening shifts (late nights, early mornings, and weekends). Job duties will require regular lifting of various printed materials, occasionally lifting up to 35 lbs., and continuous reaching for printed materials during production runs.
Reliable transportation required. Must be able to maintain regular availability for the shifts indicated above.
- Feed preprints into insert machine hopper neatly and accurately.
- Monitor insert machine to reduce double inserts and/or skips so that all jackets have correct inserts.
- Remove completed bundles, weighing 10 to 50 pounds and stack neatly for next step in packaging delivery.
- Perform general clean-up of papers, skids and debris that accumulate during the workday.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Employees must have a high degree of safety awareness.
- Above-average problem-solving skills necessary to monitor and repair automatic inserting and collating equipment.
- Requires physical dexterity to lift and move material. Must be able to stand for long periods of time and must be able to lift or pile newspaper products that vary in weight from 10 to 50 pounds or more at one time.
- Must be able to change work assignments on short notice and be flexible in scheduling.
- Position requires working in production areas while forklifts, pallet jacks, inserting and related equipment is in use.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer committed to building and maintaining a diverse workforce. As such, we will consider all qualified applicants for employment and do not discriminate in connection with employment decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee's race, color, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, marital status, personal appearance (including height and weight), sexual orientation, family responsibilities, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy status (including childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), education, genetic characteristics or information, political affiliation, military or veteran status or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state and local laws in the jurisdictions where Gannett employs employees. In addition, Gannett Co., Inc. will provide applicants who require a reasonable accommodation, as a result of an applicant's disability or religion, to complete this employment application and/or any other process in connection with an individuals' application for employment with Gannett Co., Inc. Applicants who require such accommodation should contact Gannett Co., Inc.'s Recruitment Department at Recruit@gannett.com.